Volare rotors

Started by 4T64RD, March 16, 2004, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4T64RD

How far can you turn down the center? By center I mean part that fits through the center hole in the wheel, it's bigger than most.

I have access to a lathe now and would like to be able to put normal aftermarket wheels on them.
http://www.poorboysflorida.com

New site!!!

Boycott IHOP!!! Buy American pancakes

Dave

Interesting Ive got volarie rotors on the 32 with americans ?? Fit good. Had em on my 31 sedan also and didnt see a problem. I even had stock ford wheels on it for a while when i first built it. Are you sure about what you have? Aftermarket wheels should fit just fine..
Dave :?:

moparrodder

Quote from: "N8DC"Interesting Ive got volarie rotors on the 32 with americans ?? Fit good. Had em on my 31 sedan also and didnt see a problem. I even had stock ford wheels on it for a while when i first built it. Are you sure about what you have? Aftermarket wheels should fit just fine..
Dave :?:
I'm with Dave on this too, they should fit just fine. I have swaped wheels from a Volarie to Chrsyler Cordoba to Labaron and even my 79 Lil Red Express and they all fit  the same whether it was  a stock wheel  or Americans or Cragars, better recheck what rotors you have.  Bill

Flatlander

We have run across your rotor hub diameter problem before. It is usually trying to fit an older wheel on that 70's Aspen rotor. You can cut the hub enough to fit whatever you need. Good luck.

Skip

The Aspen/Volare/Diplomat/Gran Fury/Fifth Avenue rotor is made to fit a Chrysler Corporation wheel center, not a Ford Motor Company wheel.

The hub and wheel should fit snugly.  Depending on the wheel studs to concentrically locate the wheel isn't the answer and is often the reason that aftermarket wheels never run true.  If they indexed on the hub, there wouldn't be a problem but the index themselves on the studs and they're not always concentric with the axle.

The wheels on my Volares (I have 2 on the road, currently) and my Gran Fury and Fifth Avenue all fit tight enough that, if I leave them on for a long time, they require some gentle persuasion to break them free of the hub.  This goes for the front AND the rear as well.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting