weekend update

Started by enjenjo, October 30, 2005, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

What did you get done this weekend? My grandson and I reroofed one of my buildings, I was one bundle of shingles short of finishing the cap, I'll get that tomorrow. Other than that, a little yard cleanup. Looks like things are about ready for winter.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

40 Chev Coupe

Quote from: "enjenjo"What did you get done this weekend? My grandson and I reroofed one of my buildings, I was one bundle of shingles short of finishing the cap, I'll get that tomorrow. Other than that, a little yard cleanup. Looks like things are about ready for winter.
Not much rained today, yard work yesterday. I guess all I did was think of things to do to the Merc over the winter months.

slocrow

Quote from: "enjenjo"What did you get done this weekend?

Scalping the lawn, wacking the bushes, washing the put away cars and changing their oil was the order of the last two days. Still got a list of honey do's for tomorrow which include Christmas lights.
I'm tired but at least there's no hurricans in the forcast.
Now, about that natural gas coming rip............grrrrrrr!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"What did you get done this weekend? My grandson and I reroofed one of my buildings, I was one bundle of shingles short of finishing the cap, I'll get that tomorrow. Other than that, a little yard cleanup. Looks like things are about ready for winter.

Did a little work on the 54 Chevy yesterday and then I went to a little car show for an hour or so.  Then the wife and I took the Miata for a 4 hour drive through the hills and curves to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  A good day.  Today I took the car apart that my son drives.  A BMW hit him while he was waiting to make a left turn.  The insurance totaled the car and gave me the car and $4100.00.   This is the same car that I bought as an insurance loss and repaired last month and I had $3,500 in it when I finished. I bought the trunk lid and rear bumper assembly at the salvage for $200.  It goes to the frame machine tomorrow.  It is possible that I will clear the car with no money in it at all.   If the pulling goes good the only parts I will have to paint are the bumper cover and trunk lid.  Funny how insurance companies look at stuff.  Good luck/bad luck I guess.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

installed a back up manual release cable for my shaved doors.
don't wanna get locked outta my own ride  :shock:

took its first "road trip" today. put about 150 miles on the clock.
ran good.  :)

gonna venture out a little further next trip  :D

I'm starting to like this  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Linda and I went to use up a christmas gift and celebrate her birthday. Our son and his family had given up an overnight at the Inn at Roscoe village and we used Linda's birthday as an excuse to cash in on it. Wonderful room, wonderful dinner and a very nice breakfast buffet. Our waitress for dinner happened to be serving at breakfst and we asked her if they were short handed. She replied that a lot of the help was already gone because the hotel was closing for buisness today. It has been in operation for 20 years and has always been in the red so it's closing and going to be turned into some kind of community college. Regardless of that we had the chance to tour state highways and back roads in Amish country and had a nice relaxing weekend. GPster

tonto1

Finished putting the emergency brake in the '41. Drained the gas out of the plane and weighed it (the plane), twice!. Wasn't happy with the way I did it the first time.
Raked up hickory nuts in the yard Those d--- things are everywhere.Put winter fertilizer on the yard.  BS'ed with the guys on the airport. Actually a pretty easy weekend.
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Crosley.In.AZ

We drove to Franklin TN this morning.  Looked around.

ended up at Belle Meade Plantation , looked around a bit.

Met our son & his family for a b-day party for one of my grand daughters cousins.

did I mention we are in TN this week?

Monday we go to Lane Motorsports museum.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

I had to go into work Saturday morning at 6:30am. Then I noticed that it was very quiet (I work in a smaller building up the hill from the main office where the engineering dept. is that I was supposed to be supporting in case there was a problem). I looked out the door towards the other building around 7:30am and the parking lot is empty! Soooo...I was supposed to hook up one computer for someone starting on Monday. I finished up what I needed to do with that computer and put it in the car and took it to the other office. I found that there were three folks working in engineering. I asked one of them why was I there since they did not have any problems and he said that he could create one if I wanted him to. I went back to my office and as I walked into the building, I saw my boss drive by. So I closed down my office and went to his office and we discussed several things including him forgetting to tell the I.T. dept. that engineering was not going to be working on Saturday. So I asked him if I could go home and he said ok. I went home and washed the '40 Chevy and started putting in the stereo I had bought at Louisville. It is one of those Secret Audio units and it is slick! You can totally hide it in the car. It's just hooked up right now, I will find a place to put it later on.
Had to then go to a car club event followed by a cruise night with the car club.

Hey Crosley,
Since you are in TN this week...there is a car show over in Crossett, Arkansas next weekend (Nov. 4-6). Crossett is in the lower right hand corner of Arkansas just over the stateline with Louisiana. I will be going up there Thursday morning. Anyone else that wants to come to it are welcome too.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

flt-blk

I bought a 59 ElCamino project, always wanted one.  :P

Now I have to figure out which of the other cars has to go.
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

reborn55

raked leaves and mowed the yard for the last time (I hope) this year.  
took the 55 out for an extended drive and then came home and decided it was time to put it up till next year.  Will probably do the same with the street rod in the next 3 weeks or so.  Have a couple of guys coming over to look at it.  Hopefully one of them will buy it--if not oh well.

BFS57

Hello;
I did the yard, picked some limes from our tree, and then  went fishing Saturday at the Port (canaveral) Caught about a dozen "keepers" but as usual, the big one got away! It was windy as can be, almost got blown into the bay a couple times!
Getting ready to replace the intake on the '57. Then check all the vitals on the Victoria!

Bruce

Busy weekend for me.....Did the surprise birthday party thing for the wife's 50th.Started Friday night by setting up the tables etc and decorating the hall then finished up late Saturday night by taking them down and cleaning up......In between,we served dinner to about 100 or so folks and had a great time.My wife was totally surprised and was as close to speechless as I've ever seen her :-o  Sunday I just recuperated....my fingers got pretty sore tying a couple of hundred black balloons!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Leon

We went camping with the teardrop.  Worked pretty good except for the condensation on the walls because I didn't get enough fresh air in it the first night.

midnight sun

I had a great weekend.  Got food poisoning or stomach flu, Dr. didn't know which.  Spent some time in the E/R getting pumped and then hooked up to an IV for fluids.  Had the drizzlin honeydews all weekend and get to eat toast and apple sauce for a few days.

Happy Halloween!!!  Bah Humbug!
How can there be "self help" groups :?: