Big Olds' Adventure Day 18;State Trooper encounter +

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 09, 2005, 11:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 18 Sunday Oct 9
Shamrock, TX to Rolla, MO

And I thought today's drive was going to be boring and I even thought I might not even post an update.....silly me  :lol:  

I'll start from the beginning, it was a bit chilly this morning so all the gear went on.   I called JimC's home while blasting down the road and spoke to his lovely wife Judy to let them know I wouldn't be able to stop for an overniter at their place.  :cry:  I had to get futher along then Joplin, MO today if I was going to get home tomorrow before it got too late.  

Anyway, shortly after I hung up with Judy, Nick32Vic calls to see where we're at.  I mentioned that we're going to try to get to St Louis today so we made plans for both families to get together for dinner near him.  

When we got to OKC I waved to Don and the others Ross Automotive and HAMB guys, and then when I got to Tulsa I had just started thinking of "Monkey Love" when I saw a fast approaching car in my rear view mirror and had a strong feeling to slow down, which I did.  The State Trooper was right behind me for about 1/8 mile and I was just thinking this ticket is going to suck when he pulls out around me and pulls in behind Dad who didn't see him behind me and was still doing 75 in a 60. :shock:

Lites go on.  Dad pulls over and I pull over behind the trooper who then motioned me in front of Dad.  I guess he didn't want a car behind him.  He asked for the usual stuff and went back to his car.  

He then comes back with a written warning, no ticket.  He asked Dad a few questions about the cars then we were on our way.  Probley having a clean driving record helped.  Dad hadn't gotten a ticket since 1968.

Continuing on, I waved to JimC and Judy when we passed thru Joplin and shortly after that I got a phone call from BenD and Missy who were up ahead in Mt Veron at an exit waiting for us.  We stopped there for gas and a quick meet and greet.  

It was GREAT to see Ben and Missy again and I appreciate them taking time out from a Sunday family gathering to meet up with us.  Makes me feel kinda special.

After a bit I realized we weren't going to make it to St Louis tonight so I called Nick and had to cancel our dinner plans.  We were both disappointed but we made future plans for Nick to come to Detroit for the Autorama.

No plans for any meet and greets or anything exciting tomorrow at all, just about 700 boring miles left.

Total miles driven thusfar   5,840
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

TJ's Dad

Gidday Denise , still really enjoying your trip from afar !

That pic from the rear vision mirror is a ripper , and yet another interesting day .......  ahhhhh  one day !! ( i'm allowed to dream !  :wink: )

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Charlie Chops 1940

That no ticket since '68 record does have it's advantages. My last was in '69, and that along with my honest, all-American

Charlieboyish looks has saved me from a couple tickets in recent years.

Cool picture!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Okiedokie

Glad to see out state troopers performing well.  I have been stopped a few times in my street rods and have always been lucky enough to come away with warnings. Not just in OK either.  Still glad Dad just got the warning. Great updates. I will miss them. Joe

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"That no ticket since '68 record does have it's advantages. My last was in '69, and that along with my honest, all-American

Charlieboyish looks has saved me from a couple tickets in recent years.

Cool picture!

And being full of B.S. has probably helped also, wouldn't you think :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Well a kool update.  Too bad you did not have some more time on yer hands for more stops.

BenD was at my house about 10 days ago picking up a Crosley for a trip towards Minnisoda.

A written warning? I have NOT recieved that in decades
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Crosley"

A written warning? I have NOT recieved that in decades

That's cuz you LOOK guilty  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Crosley"Well a kool update.  Too bad you did not have some more time on yer hands for more stops.

Trust me, if I had gotten anywhere close to your area I would have stopped to say hi :D
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Crosley"Well a kool update.  Too bad you did not have some more time on yer hands for more stops.

Trust me, if I had gotten anywhere close to your area I would have stopped to say hi :D

Yes, she would have stopped by to look you down. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Josh wanted to know if we could help get your Dad out of jail! At 8....He hasn't had a lot of experience with the police....I assured him that you bribed the officer with cookies and all was well :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Yes, she would have stopped by to look you down. :shock:

I'm easy to find during the week.  transmissions are my game monday through friday
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

entodad

I don't think he intended to write a ticket in the first place.
In that part of Tulsa, nobody drives 60, 75-80 is the norm.
I think that he just wanted to get a closeup of the car!

Doug
WaChiss......(famous last hillbilly word)