Big Olds' Ego-Rama Adventure Day 10;1st Official Driving Day

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 02, 2005, 01:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 10 Saturday Oct 1
Lake Tahoe, CA to Oakhurst, CA
Todays fuel "sponsored" by Earl Schieb
(and I wore my "Poor Boys" t-shirt in his honor today)

First off I wanna say thanks for all the cool replys on the different Big Olds Ego-Rama Posts.  Makes me feel good that you guys really appreciate me posting this adventure.  Most of you guys know I love taking photos and sharing them with friends and what better way then on the HAMB.  I will try to reply but sometimes there is just not enough time in the evenings to not only post the newest update but answer everyone on the previous posts.  I don't mean to ignore anyone and I'll try to answer when time permits.... and I sure hope we have some downtime soon cuz I really need to do some laundry.  My Billetproof hoodie can just about stand on its own now.  

Anyway, on with the day.  It started off in the parking lot of the motel we were all staying at.  Cory, 47Forvette, had gotten there late so I didn't get a chance to meet him and his lovely wife Judy till this morning.  What a great couple.  Very friendly and outgoing.  Their 47 ford is AWESOME.  The photo in R&C did not do it justice.

There was a slight chill in the air yet TimB hopped in Big Olds with me.  We headed south along the western edge of Lake Tahoe stopping for breakfast in a quaint little town about 10 miles down the road.  After breakie Tim took me up on the offer of a hoodie to wear.  We stopped an hour or so down the road at a high lookout over the end of the lake called Emerald Bay or something like that.  It was the first opportunity for all the cars in the same shot.

Back on down the road, lots of twisty turns.  Very cool for watching the cars in front of you.

A bit later we stopped for a potty break.  Lots of folks had drank alot of coffee during breakie so the line got pretty long.  There are 18 folks all together counting the mag staff.  Four of them are named JIM!

Shortly thereafter we came to another spot they wanted to shoot some photos at.

Jim Shelton

Rich in his roadster with Jim Bell riding shotgun

Does a bear.....I mean Bob * in the woods???
I guess the line was too long for him at the last potty break stop.

Cory running behind me

At one of the lookout spots the parking of the cars was set up for a serious shot by the mag staff.  Not only was each car positioned precisely but the ladder was brought out for the photographer.  He also climb the hill behind us for some other shots as well.  The cars looked awesome, the sun was in the right spot.  I was very proud of Big Olds, he stood tall amoung all the others.  I have to say, his front end, grill, bumper and headlite bezels KICK *!

Everyone just milling around trying to stay outta the shots

The ladies of the Ego-Rama

Me coming back from checking out a tree

L2R; Scott (who's riding with Jim Shelton), Jim Bell (who's riding with Rich), JimA, and Rich

L2R, Jim Shelton, Cory, and Jerry with the red '59

Stopped in a small little town called Angel Camp for lunch and had a wonderful meal at an Italian restaurant.  This shot was taken just before we all got ready to head out.

There was then one gas stop before we rolled in Oakhurst for the nite.  We're heading out at 8am for Yosemite then into Bakersfield to Ironworker place for an open house.  Looking forward to seeing some old RRT and HAMB buds and meeting some new ones.

Total milage thusfar 3,390
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

Sounds and looks like you are really having fun.  

Appriciate your posts.

Are you getting up early and baking cookies or the gang every day?

:lol:
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

48ford

denise,
We love the pictures and the log you are making.
Your dads car is in rod&custom,I just got my copy.
Russ&Irene

Thanks! What a way to start out my Sunday!Looks like a great bunch of "Car People"!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

TEAM SMART

Normspeed

Great stuff. Last time I was in Oakhurst there was an old teardrop trailer for sale, chained to a tree on the road going north outta town.

Sean

Cool stuff Denise, and with the amount of "PR" work you do for the hobby, you deserve it.

hotrodbob

Denise, are ya still gonna be in L.A.? Say Hi to Rich and Jim for me.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

HotRodLadyCrusr

Bob, I'm in Bakersfield right now.  We are heading to Burbank tomorrow.  You wanna go to Jay Leno's place with me tomorrow?  Private tour, you can come as my guest....unless of course you've been there already.  If you can't make it during the day, you wanna have dinner with a group of us tomorrow nite?  I'll call you in the morning.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Bob, I'm in Bakersfield right now.  We are heading to Burbank tomorrow.  You wanna go to Jay Leno's place with me tomorrow?  Private tour, you can come as my guest....unless of course you've been there already.  If you can't make it during the day, you wanna have dinner with a group of us tomorrow nite?  I'll call you in the morning.

Thanks for your efforts with these posts Denise.
I really appreciate it, and am enjoying the trip imensely.

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Bob, I'm in Bakersfield right now.  We are heading to Burbank tomorrow.  You wanna go to Jay Leno's place with me tomorrow?  Private tour, you can come as my guest....unless of course you've been there already.  If you can't make it during the day, you wanna have dinner with a group of us tomorrow nite?  I'll call you in the morning.

man if i had known you'all were going to jay leno's i'd have hidden in the trunk. i'm jealous :roll:

sounds like you're having fun.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.