Benny, Lilly and Rita

Started by WZ JUNK, September 23, 2005, 12:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Anybody heard from Benny and Lilly?  I think they are in the path of the storm but I am not sure.  My youngest brother lives south of Houston and he is currently staying upstate for a couple of days.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Anybody heard from Benny and Lilly?  I think they are in the path of the storm but I am not sure.  My youngest brother lives south of Houston and he is currently staying upstate for a couple of days.

Well I answered my own question.  I called Sumner and he had talked to them on the phone yesterday.  The are evacuating to the north and they will return home after the storm.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

river1

i'm glad to hear that. i emailed benny tues and at the time rita was going west of them. he sounded like they were going to ride it out but i'm sure they changed their mind when it took aim right at them. he mentioned a daughter in austin, so they prolly headed there. hopefully rita doesn't do to much damage to their place. i'll be keeping them in my thoughts.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

anyone hear from benny and lillie after the storm?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/25/rita.assess/index.html

about half way down the page there is a blurb about the town of orange. on the video that is linked there a fireman from orange says just about every building in orange has damage. hopefully they got evacuated and are safe.

they are in my thoughts

jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"anyone hear from benny and lillie after the storm?

they are in my thoughts

jim

I talked to Benny twice today.   They are fine and their house escaped major damage.  Sounds like they lost lots of shingles and he is going to try and get tarps over it tomorrow to prevent water damage.  He said it could be up to 1 month before they can move back into it as power is out in the whole region.

They went and are still at a cabin his brother has on a lake about 60 miles or so north of their home.  There are 7 of them in it and there is no elect. there either.  He said they got a generator going today.  There is no gas in the area, so they are sitting tight and when he goes back to his house tomorrow he will have to siphon gas from his hot rods to get back to the lake.

Their house is in Orange right next to Beaumont.  He thinks the eye went right over them.  He said that even at the cabin further inland they had over 60 mph winds for a day and a half.

They are in good shape and wanted you guys to know.  I suggested they come to Utah for a while, but they want to stay close to their home.  If anyone would like to call them PM me for their temporary phone number.

c ya, Sum