T-5 Identification help needed, please

Started by av8, September 20, 2005, 07:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

I am about to plug a T-5 transmission into my '48 F-1. It's a good 'un (I've opened and inspected it and it looks like it's low time and has had no  apparent abuse). I was told it was from a Mustang 5.0 (aren't they all?!), and I would like to confirm that.  

There is an eight-character alpha-numeric code stamped on the right forward flange  . . . EFI77218

The only numbers that correlate to any T-5 ID table are the last three, 218, which the table identifies as a 1993 Mustang Cobra, which has the highest maximum torque rating (310 lb/ft) of any of the factory transmissions.

Are these numbers simply a coincidence or have I lucked out and scored the very best possible T-5 for my F-1?

TIA for any and all enlightenment.

Mike

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "av8"I am about to plug a T-5 transmission into my '48 F-1. It's a good 'un (I've opened and inspected it and it looks like it's low time and has had no  apparent abuse). I was told it was from a Mustang 5.0 (aren't they all?!), and I would like to confirm that.  

There is an eight-character alpha-numeric code stamped on the right forward flange  . . . EFI77218

The only numbers that correlate to any T-5 ID table are the last three, 218, which the table identifies as a 1993 Mustang Cobra, which has the highest maximum torque rating (310 lb/ft) of any of the factory transmissions.

Are these numbers simply a coincidence or have I lucked out and scored the very best possible T-5 for my F-1?

TIA for any and all enlightenment.

Mike

Check this link.
http://www.5speeds.com/t5/index.html
Seems crazy, but you need that little aluminum tag.