Any Ideas?

Started by GPster, September 10, 2005, 12:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

OK,My screen has not up-dated since 2:06 PM yesterday. Now I am logged on and my comments appear to be making it to the forum but they are not coming back and showing on my screen. I went through Best of the Web to see and updated screen with-out my being logged on and it is different then the screen my short-cut with my log-on is giving me GPster is letting me connect to supply but not letting me connect to receive. I'm the first to believe that I've done something wrong, but my wife tells me it's not always my fault. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"OK,My screen has not up-dated since 2:06 PM yesterday. Now I am logged on and my comments appear to be making it to the forum but they are not coming back and showing on my screen. I went through Best of the Web to see and updated screen with-out my being logged on and it is different then the screen my short-cut with my log-on is giving me GPster is letting me connect to supply but not letting me connect to receive. I'm the first to believe that I've done something wrong, but my wife tells me it's not always my fault. GPster
Have you cleaned out your cache yet ? some times your system gets too much junk hanging around in it and it wont update properly. Clean out your temp files too. Also if you havent done it lately do a defrag on your hard drive
Dave

34ford

Quote from: "GPster"OK,My screen has not up-dated since 2:06 PM yesterday. Now I am logged on and my comments appear to be making it to the forum but they are not coming back and showing on my screen. I went through Best of the Web to see and updated screen with-out my being logged on and it is different then the screen my short-cut with my log-on is giving me GPster is letting me connect to supply but not letting me connect to receive. I'm the first to believe that I've done something wrong, but my wife tells me it's not always my fault. GPster

Go to your web preferences or options and delete your cookies :cry: . Don't tell Denise she might get upset messing with you messing with any :shock:  cookies.  What cookies do it to tell the computer what web page you were looking at and when and so on. Something like that anyway.  

Now log on and try it again. You will have to log on the the sites now since you have deleted your cookies, but now it will make a new cookie and should be ok.  Clear as mud, right??

Dave

Quote from: "34ford"

Go to your web preferences or options and delete your cookies :cry: . Don't tell Denise she might get upset messing with you messing with any :shock:  cookies.  What cookies do it to tell the computer what web page you were looking at and when and so on. Something like that anyway.  

Now log on and try it again. You will have to log on the the sites now since you have deleted your cookies, but now it will make a new cookie and should be ok.  Clear as mud, right??

Ya what he said........ Cookies too

GPster

My wife de-fraggeed me and now everything seems to be back the way it was (normal?). She seemed to know what "cookies" are and their does't seem to be any now ( I'm also a diabetic so that's good). I used the term "POP UP" but I wasn't trying to point any fingers. I had just seen AOL (or another one of those companies) on the top of our page where the sponsors are and I thought it might be an indication of where the problem might be. We'll see. GPster

rooster

Ive been doing a bit of harddrive mantance also, have 2 drives, did goverment wipe on 1 that I need to redo. Took 24 hours to do the wipe. i can get about a year and a half out of one before I have to start from scrach.

about every 2 weeks I get rid of cookies. With 4 people all useing the same computer , it dont take long for them to start slowing the speed, along with other problems.

GPster maybe you can get it to work in chat tonight.

Mr Cool

You think youve got problems?
The ozrodders.com site has lost an entire week of posts, and that includes new mwmbers etc.  :evil:
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Sean

Quote from: "rooster"

about every 2 weeks I get rid of cookies.

I do it every day. I bought a program called WinCleaner a couple years ago and it cleans out temporary and junk files, cookies, history, etc, in about a minute. It also allows you to protect certain cookies, so I don't have to log back in to the HAMB, or the RRT everytime. I think it was around $20 at Wallyworld...

rooster

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "rooster"

about every 2 weeks I get rid of cookies.

I do it every day. I bought a program called WinCleaner a couple years ago and it cleans out temporary and junk files, cookies, history, etc, in about a minute. It also allows you to protect certain cookies, so I don't have to log back in to the HAMB, or the RRT everytime. I think it was around $20 at Wallyworld...

Ya thats what happens, I lose the log on feture when I dump the cookies! Im useing the new drive now , cant see what im doing very well though! The right vedio drive wont go in :evil: .