Dream realised

Started by bucketmouth, September 01, 2005, 08:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

I've been home a week now after my visit to the States for the Kentucky Nats and Bonneville. I still have the buzz and the excitement in me.
I can't possibly say how thankful I am of the way we were made welcomed there. The number of people that justed wanted to talk knowing we were from Australia. I guess rodders are rodders no matter where you go.
Those that gave me their buisness cards and email addresses I will be contacting you all soon.
Thanks to Sum ,Hooley and the crew for their hospitality and helping sort out the accomadation for us. Thanks for the T shirt I'll be wearing it with pride. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "bucketmouth"I've been home a week now after my visit to the States for the Kentucky Nats and Bonneville. I still have the buzz and the excitement in me.
I can't possibly say how thankful I am of the way we were made welcomed there. The number of people that justed wanted to talk knowing we were from Australia. I guess rodders are rodders no matter where you go.
Those that gave me their buisness cards and email addresses I will be contacting you all soon.
Thanks to Sum ,Hooley and the crew for their hospitality and helping sort out the accomadation for us. Thanks for the T shirt I'll be wearing it with pride. 8)

It was great that you got to come over.  I hope to make it over there in the future if I'm lucky.  Sorry we didn't get to spend more time together.  Guess you will have to come back  :D .

c ya, Sum

WZ JUNK

I have been hoping you would post when you got home.  I enjoyed our visit at Bonneville.  Like Sum says, come back any time.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

bucketmouth

No sooner was I home I had to fly back to work for three weeks.
When you've only read about something since your school days and then to attend those events after thirty years I can tell you it was all inspiring if not overwhelming.
Bonneville made my eyes water as we drove through the gate.
With the start line and pits on the right I looked over to the left and in the distance four traditional style rods were driving towards us. It looked like some one had turned the clock back. That's the memory that will stick in my mind forever.
I showed the video I took to a group of like minded people last night and....well all I can say is there were some really jealous people there.
Bonneville, I'll will definitely being going back to again and with a few more friends in tow.
In the short term our version of salt lake racing is on next March and i'm planning on going there again.
www.dlra.org.au

Carps

Quote from: "bucketmouth"I can't possibly say how thankful I am of the way we were made welcomed there. The number of people that justed wanted to talk knowing we were from Australia. I guess rodders are rodders no matter where you go.
Makes you wonder why or how there can be so many people in the world who have such a dislike for our Murrican brothers, doesn't it?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"I hope to make it over there in the future if I'm lucky.  Sorry we didn't get to spend more time together.
Sum, you know the deal.  Just give us enough time to mak your bed, and you are always going to have a place to stay.  Heck we'll even make sure you get over to the west coast one way or another, so you can give old BM and his mates some grief.

QuoteGuess you will have to come back  :D .
For me it can't be soon enough.  And I'm not talking about Bucketmout's next trip.   :wink:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Bonneville, I'll will definitely being going back to again and with a few more friends in tow.
Funny how that place 'pulls' the way it does.
Carps

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Carps"Sum, you know the deal.  Just give us enough time to mak your bed, and you are always going to have a place to stay.  Heck we'll even make sure you get over to the west coast one way or another, so you can give old BM and his mates some grief.

Sooner or later you are going to have to put up with me over there, but I hope to have a bed ready for you here before that  :D .

c ya, Sum

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "Carps"Sum, you know the deal.  Just give us enough time to mak your bed, and you are always going to have a place to stay.  Heck we'll even make sure you get over to the west coast one way or another, so you can give old BM and his mates some grief.

Sooner or later you are going to have to put up with me over there, but I hope to have a bed ready for you here before that  :D .

c ya, Sum

And the good news is, I got my 'wings' back.
Carps

TJ's Dad

QuoteAnd the good news is, I got my 'wings' back.

Wonder how long before they are flappin stateside ?

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Carps

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"

I was thinkin what a surprise it'd be if I turned up in Los Angeles this weekend.  However, that's not likely since I"m committed to other activities and it's a bit short notice to change things.   :wink:
Carps

TJ's Dad

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "TJ's Dad"

I was thinkin what a surprise it'd be if I turned up in Los Angeles this weekend.  However, that's not likely since I"m committed to other activities and it's a bit short notice to change things.   :wink:

:roll: Bluddy Jetsetters !!  :wink:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

bucketmouth

:roll: Bluddy Jetsetters !!  :wink:[/quote]

What it's only 4 inches away in the atlas. How long could it take?

enjenjo

Glad you had a good time. Come back any time. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Cheers for that.
I went to the Kentucky Nats also and I've come back and completely changed the way I was gonna build the new roadster.
All the running gear I had has been rendered useless.
I'm spending this week chasing new running gear for the roadster.

Couldn't believe the size of the trade halls. We walked in one morning and come out that night. You guys don't know how good you have it.