Old new guy

Started by terrarodder, August 17, 2005, 11:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrarodder

Thanks for the warm welcome gang, I drove a custom 48 Studebaker for 13 yrs. before the terra. so Iam not known to be normal. I though about a Hudson engine but do to much traveling to worry about finding parts for it on the road. Yes FMXhellraiser its me. Sat night there was a cruze at Macungie with 800-900 cars,next week the Wheels of Time have there show with 2300 street rods& customs to 63 only, not bad for a town of only 3000+ popu. Yes I love my car if anybody is interested, there more pictures on our club web site overthehillgangpa.org  

That might be a subject for another post, how are your cruise nights
normal people scare me

SMF Speed&Custom

Hmm 48 Stude huh? I would love to have a Studebaker truck. Did you have any Packards by the way?  :lol:  I almost bought me a 56 Packard here but didn't have the money and it's not on collectorcartrader.com anymore.  :(  I would love to have something like a stude, packard, etc. It would be completely different and noone here would know what it is. Well basically any 30's or 40's car or truck here is different, the muscle car scene is the biggest thing here and that's about it. If you brought that terraplane here people wouldn't know what the heck it was. They would probably say it's a Ford haha. At least that is what they thought my friend 31 Chevy 5 Window coupe was until they say the TINY little bowtie turn signals heh.
If you want something done right then you have to do it yourself!

Carps

Welcome to the equal best hot roddin BBS on the WWW..

Cool ride, lotsa room for plenty of friends to join the party and just enough doors for gettin em in an out easy.  The engine room has enough space for whatever you'd choose to stick in there, so what's your weapon of choice?

Are you using the stock front suspension, works pretty good as i recal.  yeah, I have a soft spod the those big old Turtles.  Like your chop and colour coice too.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

terrarodder

SMF
If you like Studebakers you would love the picture of me towing the terra. home with my 59 stude truck. The drive train is 72 Cuda,340 727 83/4 rear with a volare front clip. just about every thing that isnt terra. is Mopar,thats why the penatstar turn signals an third brake light. At one show a guy looked at my windshield sticker that said 37 terraplane, tunred to his buddy an said its a 37 Chrysler, duh
normal people scare me

SMF Speed&Custom

Haha nice one! I am looking at getting a Volare clip for my 66 Ford. They bolt right up and plus I want to lower the front end about 5 inches instead of 3 with crappy Twin I Beams that cost 500 bucks plus another couple hundred to relocate the tie rods, steering, etc. How do you like your Volare front clip?

terrarodder

SMF
The volare front end handles good an rides great plus you can always crank it up or down and if you want to go lower fat man makes dropped spindles. I am also using a power R+P from a Kcar
Nice to see young guys interested in street rods
normal people scare me

SMF Speed&Custom

Hmm didn't know there were dropped spindles. Right now I have a 5X5.5 bolt pattern for the wheels so what I think I will do (since you convinced me) is wait till the winter when I am out of school for christmas break or so and don't buy my American Racing wheels yet and just buy tires and put them on these stock wheels, wait and save my money for the volare clip and THEN buy the matching bolt pattern on the wheels. I just need to find out where to get a complete one at. I plan to get power steering for about 250 bucks with the steering column, pump, bracket and steering box but I guess the Volare has that. I will probably still buy the P/S and just sell it when I switch clips. For about 800 bucks to lower the front (including parts and labor for someone to press the kingpins in, etc) with I Beams isn't worth it to me. Any idea where I can read up more on this Volare clip or any tips?
Thanks a lot!