Louisville Recap

Started by alchevy, August 09, 2005, 04:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

We ended up with 8 street rods traveling together up there and had about 13 in all from central Mississippi. I managed to get pictures of some of them.
AL
I will get the rest of my pictures from Louisville posted to my website soon.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

manyolkars

It looks like Mississippi only has chevys---and one 40 Ford  :)

While we're on the subject of Louisville....Here are some random thoughts and comments! First,I've never seen a smile bigger than the one on Nick's face as he drove around the Fairgrounds....Congrats to Nick and his Dad for building a fun ride! It was great to see everyone and,as usual,the food was awesome! The storm "SUCKED" big time but it will add to the stories down the road.....about 16 hours at 70mph with the windows down dried the 40 out pretty well :roll: The weather was extremely hot....why do they have the Nat's in Kentucky in August? Is it just me getting Old or is anyone else getting tired of the increasing number of large Circus type tents??It seems especially stupid when most of the area beneath them is vacant!Did anyone else notice that several cars parked around the circle near the fountain were covered with car covers most of the weekend...some all day long....What's up with that??I think there were more parked lawn chairs than cars! Oh well....another one in the books!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

alchevy

Quote from: "manyolkars"It looks like Mississippi only has chevys---and one 40 Ford  :)

And throw in one Plymouth into the mix...wait a minute...make that two as far as which ones were up there this year in my group. I noticed the large number of Chevys this year too in our group. There were more Fords in the ones that I did not get pictures of. It was just by accident that these were the ones that I took pictures of this year. I think I only saw about 1/4 of the cars that were there. Typical year...not enough days in the week to see all of them or in this case half of them. But I had fun any way and that's what it's all about.

By the way, what kind of old cars do you have with a name like you have (manyolkars)? You are closer to my neck of the woods. Were you at the Red River Street Rods car show this year in April or last year? I was and my '40 was there in 2004.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Quote from: "40"The weather was extremely hot....why do they have the Nat's in Kentucky in August?

I was hoping that the weather was going to repeat the way it was in 2004. But it was a little cooler than Mississippi was/is. The thing that I noticed was the gas prices...when I left home, they were at $2.11 for regular unleaded. Paid from that price to $2.17 until just South of Louisville. Then it rose to $2.35 to $2.45. Someone in my group was told to go to Shepherdsville and turn East and go about 10 miles to find cheaper prices. We did and found two stations, one on one side of the road and one on the other at $2.18 and $2.19. Got back home to find that those prices rose also.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Thanks to everyone who provided the food! It was awesome.   :D I should have donated more money. Sorry.  :(  

I love talking to everyone from the RRT and the HAMB. Everyone is soo cool. Being able to meet all you guys and gals makes it so much better.  Someone needs to post some of the group shots we took.

I love this stuff.

Nick

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Someone needs to post some of the group shots we took.

I love this stuff.

Nick

The Aussies left this morning.  I'll have some time this evening to post my L'ville photos and some of Slocrow's that he emailed me.  Wait till you see some of these monsoon shots :shock:

Got some really nice ones of your Vicky that I'll post too.  Stay tuned :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

The food was great. Thanks. I even got to try some of the World Famous Cookies that Denise brought.

www.astreetrodder.com

JohnB

I took a few pictures. Here's a link to my Photobucket album of them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v511/cccruiser/Nats/

Feel free to check out the other albums if the urge hits ya.

alchevy

Quote from: "JohnB"I took a few pictures. Here's a link to my Photobucket album of them.

Nice pictures.

I was finally at home when my internet was working and was able to upload my pictures. Here is the path to them:

http://www.astreetrodder.com/2005_nsra_nats.htm
AL

www.astreetrodder.com