Fuel shutoff valve

Started by 47convert, July 26, 2005, 12:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

Anyone know of a good fuel line shutoff valve that's readily available? Something the attaches to a frame braket maybe and for a 3/8" line. I'm using a big Fram inline cannister filter in the latest project and I think it might be a good idea if I was able to shutoff the fuel before changing the filter. Might help a bit with theft protection too.

Leon

On my T I used a small brass valve that I believe was used to drain air lines.  It has a drum inside that looks like a natural gas shutoff, and it never leaked.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "47convert"Anyone know of a good fuel line shutoff valve that's readily available?

Mike:

If it's not a high-performance engine, check with a farm-tractor supply.  

If you need a lot of flow, you may want to consider  1/4-turn ball valves from a plumbing supply.  ....Most have Teflon seals, so they should be compatible with the fuel.

Hydraulic supply houses may have something, as well.  ...Brass would be better than steel.

All the valves I've seen have NPT ports, so they would have to have adapters to AN, I.F., or hose.

I don't recall seeing any with a bracket attached, but you could probably rig one easily.

While I have your "ear"......

What did you eventually find wrong on the brake problem which you posted about a few months back?
....I hope to learn from your experiences.  ....Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

ram-rod

you could try a solinoid fuel shut off they are avalible from alternative fuel
out lets. In Australia we use a lot of LP gas. Dual fuel systems have great soliniod valves small and very mountable brackets
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

47convert

What did you eventually find wrong on the brake problem which you posted about a few months back?
....I hope to learn from your experiences.  ....Thanks![/quote]

Thanx. After repeatedly bleeding the front brakes with the normal method and with a vacuum bleeder, we finally borrowed a pressure bleeder from a friend and had brakes in one try. (The rear brakes were Ok, it was just the fronts we had trouble with) Never found a leak anywhere. Weird!