Any websites that list brake hoses by size and ends?

Started by 2rods, March 11, 2004, 12:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

Need a front brake hose that will fit an 82 Mustang caliper but needs to be about 4-5" longer. The parts guys are not very helpful. The end that attaches to the caliper is 12mm straight male.

phat46

Quote from: "2rods"Need a front brake hose that will fit an 82 Mustang caliper but needs to be about 4-5" longer. The parts guys are not very helpful. The end that attaches to the caliper is 12mm straight male.

You need better parts guys!!  LOL  I just went through that looking for a hose for the rear of my truck. The parts guy went and looked for several minutes and brought some out to look at, then went trhough his book and we were able to find the perfect hose....I'd try another store!

fordiac

have you seen the part numbers listed on the fatman fabrications website?

they might help?

http://www.fatmanfab.com/page22.htm

mrloboy

I am not sure if they have them listed on their website, but Wagner has a great section on hoses, with good detail on lengths and ends in their product description catalogue. I keep one handy on my desk at all times. Most reputable parts guys/gals should have access to one.

If it would help, PM me with the measurements and ends you need and I will check through the book for you. We should be able to come up with some potential part numbers to check out.   rj

BarryM

OK, the door is open so i'll stick my foot in. I have ford 39-48 hydraulic brake hoses #99A-2079 that is 15 1/2" long. Using a model A frame that is narrower need at least 18" or 20" leingth, I am sure it is a common dilemna. I suppose speedway has them but they wouldn't look right, maybe there is a shelf item that would work? The frame end mounting wouldn't be critical, have to make something for that anyway

2rods

Got it figured out. Went with a banjo style hose and modified my metric adapters for the banjo bolt. Thanks guys.