No longer a virgin

Started by rumrumm, July 11, 2005, 10:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Well, I drove the '32 for the first time last weekend. Got it all buttoned up, cranked it over, and va-rooom! Very cool feeling. Pulled onto the street for a  few laps around the block. I have to say that the AFCO radiator and SPAL electric fan are really doing the job--I let it idle in the driveway just to see how hot it would get, and the temperature gauge never moved past 190. After two years of work,  I can finally say  "YEE-HAH!"
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

EMSjunkie

Congrats Dude!  8)

thats a cool feeling.

enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Heatnbeat

WOW!!!WTG!!!I can still remember when I first rolled my 28 uner power,If it was powered by smiles it could have run for a month :lol: it is a great feeling

Ohio Blue Tip

Good on ya!  Has to be a good time.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

slocrow

Quote from: "rumrumm"and the temperature gauge never moved past 190.
Great Lynn, best of miles and the 190 will help at all events, lately.........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat46

Congrats, that's one of the best feeling there is... :D .

Rat Rod Mac

Way to stick with it, Lynn

Missed seeing you in Des Moines but it sounds like you put the time to good use!Can't wait to see it in person....You gonna make the Nat's??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Congratulations!  Now it's fun time :D  

How's that 383 run?  I know you really did your homework when you put it together.
George

btrc

Great News! And there's still plenty of summer left to put some miles on it.

Have Fun.

Bob
Bob

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "rumrumm"Well, I drove the '32 for the first time last weekend. Got it all buttoned up, cranked it over, and va-rooom! Very cool feeling. Pulled onto the street for a  few laps around the block. I have to say that the AFCO radiator and SPAL electric fan are really doing the job--I let it idle in the driveway just to see how hot it would get, and the temperature gauge never moved past 190. After two years of work,  I can finally say  "YEE-HAH!"

Congratulations; well done.  There is nothing like that feeling!

rumrumm

Yes, I am definitely driving to the Nats in August. I am looking forward to the drive. Without any interior, the PJ gear drive is really loud--much louder than I thought it would be inside the cab. If it is still too loud once the interior is in, I might have to change it over to a chain. The 383 sounds awesome and feels very torquey. I can't wait to wail on it and see what its got.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

alchevy

Hopefuly you will have better luck with your AFCO radiator than I did. They do cool very well. I too look forward to seeing your Coupe in Louisville. You just can't beat a '32 Ford as the classic street rod of all time. Even if there are millions of them on the road, every time I see one, it's the best example of one of them...going to be hard to top yours though! And it's not even red. I like the way the color looks on it.

As popular as they are...when I go to the Nats and film the cars coming in the front gate and cruising around the grounds, I don't talk in the mic. I usually show the video to some of the guys back at work at lunchtime and one of them has to ask what each car is. I should almost tell him that 90% of them are some form based on a '32 Ford and the rest are other year Fords, Chevys, Dodge, Plymouth...

It is a great feeling to finally get to drive a street rod for the first time under it's own power. When my '40 got to that stage, I drove it around the block once, twice, three times before I took it back home before work one morning...could have done it all day long, but would have gotten dizzy after a while!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

47-forvette

OHHHHH What a Feelin'   Nothing like the goosebumps of the cherrypoppin first outing.  Congrats.  I still enjoy mine as much as the first time, if not more.  In fact I still haven't hooked up the stereo because I just love the sound of it going down the road.
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

kb426

In about 4000 miles, the noisey gear drives become much quieter. Least thats' about how long the last one I had lasted. They use bad machine work to make the noise. After the roughness wears off, it sounds like all the other drives.
TEAM SMART