car count

Started by kb426, July 10, 2005, 06:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

With the exception of the Pueblo NSRA meet and one other, all the shows I've been to have been down in cars from the previous years. Is this happening in other locations? Is this about gas prices or the fact that there is alot of shows? What say yee all knowing soothsayers ?
TEAM SMART

Bib_Overalls

Attendance at local shows around here seems to be off a bit.  I think it is because there are to many shows and folks are just burned out from trying to attend them all.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

I've only attended 2 large events this year,The Goodguys in Des Moines and The 50's in Minneapolis....Both had fairly large increases in car numbers.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

Some car events attendance is down a bit the last couple of years , swap meets too.

We do not see many events in the metro Phoenix area during the heat of the year
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

n.c.rodder

Same thing here in northern Michigan - All shows have been down but one! There are so many to choose from. Last weekend alone there was 4 shows within a 80 mile radias.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Uncle Bob

While a large number of choices is likely a contributor I would suggest a more predictable cause......................demographics.  Sure there are some younger folks getting in the "game", but the realities are that older folks will be fading away faster than they're replaced.  Anybody notice how many stock Ford flathead V8 cars have been coming on the market the last few years...................the average age of Ford V8 club members is a few years higher than rodders, but only a few.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

tomslik

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"While a large number of choices is likely a contributor I would suggest a more predictable cause......................demographics.  Sure there are some younger folks getting in the "game", but the realities are that older folks will be fading away faster than they're replaced.  Anybody notice how many stock Ford flathead V8 cars have been coming on the market the last few years...................the average age of Ford V8 club members is a few years higher than rodders, but only a few.

well, i haven't been to a show/run for a couple of years now.
why?
bored to tears!
god help these OLD geezers if they'd have to get out of their lawn chairs and DO something.
explain to a kid why i'd want to spend lots of money to sit on some hot asphalt.
i really don't have to pay to do that,do i?

somethin's gotta change before i go to another "show"...

that ought to wind some of you up;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

40 Chev Coupe

I've been to a lot of shows this year and noticed the same thing . Numbers seem to be down do to gas prices and a lack of entertainment at the shows. You see the same cars and people all the time (not that that's a bad thing).
As far as swap meets go I just got back from Iola, Wi. the stuf they where trying to sell was as it is (JUNK). Most of the venders sell over E-Bay so your time is better spent on line.
Seem to be alot of people at the bigger national shows though.
My 2 cents.