Plug wires

Started by Topsterguy, June 28, 2005, 02:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Anyone got ideas on the best, but reasonable, 7-8 mm plug wires? I put a set in the coupe and seem to have erratic misses. I've checked the ends and the points etc are all new (yes I prefer points cuz I can fix them on the side of the I-5)
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

It's hard to beat Taylor wires. I use them exclusively, never had them go bad.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's hard to beat Taylor wires. I use them exclusively, never had them go bad.

Yeah that's what I kinda figured! Thanks again enjenjo! :)
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Goodfoot

rumrumm

I too  have  had good luck with Taylor wires, but this time around I used MSD since I  have an MSD distributor.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Topsterguy

Thanks a lot. guys! Much appreciated as always! :)

Topsterguy

Okay so Taylor it is, but which "style" of Taylor would work best on a 383 small block, no radio, and I'd prefer ones that are "done" at both ends. ( I hate making up wire sets!!)

enjenjo

You want radio suppresion wire, two reasons, one, solid wire has been illegal in street cars since 1955 according to the FCC, and two, most electronic ignitions require suppresion wire. Solid wire plays havoc with electronic components like ignition boxes.

I use 8mm wire, with plug boots to suit the application I need, straight, 90 degree, or 135 degree. I use the sets with just the plug boots installed, I am a bit picky about the wire length, I want it to be just right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.