Also checking in to activitate account

Started by Scrap Fe, June 27, 2005, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrap Fe

Hi all.  I made myself a New Year's resolution this year to spend less time on the computer and more time in the garage making things happen.  So far, I have been able to make significant progress on my '39 Chevy.  In about two weeks the frame and chassis will be sent to the powder coaters.  After the chassis is reassembled, the body, with its 66 year old paint, will be placed back on the chassis. I will paint the fenders and runningboards with some version of California suede.  That should match the original paint fairly well.

I intend to drive it this way until I can afford paint & uphostery or I might just drive the wheels off of it an enjoy it like DRD57 has done with his Model A for the past half a dozen years.

Well, I'd better get back out to the garage if I'm going to meet my paint appointment.

Later.

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice to see ya old timer. Wish we'd had more visit time at Indy.
Are you going to Iola in a couple weeks? Jack and I will be there...maybe see ya?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carps

Hey good to know your're still takin breath.

I wouldn't follow Don's example tho, you'll end up in trouble for never being home when the phone rings.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

39chevy

Scrap Fe,

Don't forget to take the camera with you so we can see your progress.  I just got the '57 rearend mounted in my '39 so I can get on with the driveline stuff etc.

Don