"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

river1

always cool to get a little press for ANYTHING you do. congrats

here is a better (not much) copy of the pic
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

SKR8PN

What WAS that car/truck that is under the semi???????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

GPster

Quote from: "SKR8PN"What WAS that car/truck that is under the semi???????
Six lug bolts per wheel and big/wide tires and that big after-market front bumper guard it was probably some form of SUV. The perfect undercarriage for a Model A sedan. GPster

EMSjunkie

It "was" a GMC pickup.
the two guys in the pickup were north bound on Hwy 287 about 20 miles north of Amarillo. they were pulling a trailer with a load of oil field equipment. they were pulling a pretty good hill, around here we call it the " river" its the Canadian river, its a pretty good grade, especially with a load.  they were going pretty slow, the semi tractor was pulling a load of double axle trailers, he was going considerably faster than the pickup.
hit the trailer carrying the oilfield equipment. wound up sitting on top of the pickup.
was an interesting extrication.

both driver and passenger of the pickup are doing very well. probably got discharged today. semi driver was unhurt.

I pulled a groin muscle  :shock:

life is good

thanks for cleaning up the picture, and adding the other view.
didn't know it made national news.

due to the HIPPA privacy act, they won't let us carry cameras on the trucks  :x

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "GPster"
Six lug bolts per wheel and big/wide tires and that big after-market front bumper guard it was probably some form of SUV. The perfect undercarriage for a Model A sedan. GPster

Too late; this one has already been 'mounted'!

Vance,
I really admire you guys; I don't think I'd have the stomach for that work.
Well done, and thanks.

river1

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

actually i just did a search for amarillo newspapers and got the pics there. so unfotunitly i didn't make the national news. they are too busy following tom cruise and the like. :?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

actually i just did a search for amarillo newspapers and got the pics there. so unfotunitly i didn't make the national news. they are too busy following tom cruise and the like. :?

later jim

Thanks Jim.  :D

I appreciate it.

station rules say i have to buy ice cream for the station now

sometimes it doesn't pay to be famous  :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

kb426

I know that area well. Sounds like the moron in the truck was on cruise control and asleep.  That's amazing the pickup guys are alive. Sure wasn't there day to die.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Vance....... you do something I could never do for a job.  thanks for what you do.

Truck drivers are interesting people.

I attached a photo of a truck driven by a  Swift (?) driver I saw in Overgaard AZ last weekend.  The situation caught my eye , so stopped and took a few snaps of it.  He was trying to turn at a narrow cross over.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I tried to get hold of you friday night, and again sat morning, no answer, we stayed in Amarillo friday night.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fift4fe

Vance

I have a digital camera in my fire vehicle at all times and take pictures at EMS/Fire incidents for "training" purposes, always being aware of HIPPA.  

Be safe
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

moparrodder

Vance, I know what you see and get into sometimes as Gail and I are firefighter-EMT's and you wonder how some of the patients get out of those wrecks alive, only thing I can say is the good Lord above was watching over them.  Up here we can still carry cameras but we have to get permissiom from the victims and have them sign a paper to let us take a pic of the scene for training use only.

Tony,  It looks like that Swift driver wasn't too swift in that pic.  I've seen a lot of those guys and I try to stay away from them as far as I can.  JB Hunt drivers are just about as bad, a friend of mine was in a terminal in Chicago and heard two JB Hunt drivers talking on the cb, one was tring to leave the terminal giving directions to the other one comming in and they hit head on in the gate going into the terminal.  Seems like those fleet companys get those drivers fresh out of two weeks of driving school and turn them loose with a big rig with little or no big rig driving experence, go figure :roll:    Bill

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"I tried to get hold of you friday night, and again sat morning, no answer, we stayed in Amarillo friday night.

Sorry Frank!!!  I got fatcat's e-mail too late.
I have updated my profile with another cell number,

shoot me a PM, what number did you try?

had I known early enough, we would have tried that 72 oz steak  :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

It was a number fatcat gave me. We ate at Red Lobster than night, it was next to the motel :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.