1985 Blazer subframe to '30 Model - How not to

Started by Pope Downunder, June 22, 2005, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Downunder

Not sure if this is serious, or a joke, but I can hardlyb type for, for, for, for, for . . . .la, la, la, laf, laughing!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6234&item=4557703435&rd=1

GPster

Isn't it amazing how people half way around the way get enthused about what us people in Ohio can do? My guese, do to the look around the steering box, is that it's on the S 10 Blazer variety frame. Probably that much value in the parts (especially if it's titled as an "A"). Too bad about the wheelbase. It could be staightened out though. If it's titled as a Blazer. It would be worth more money if it was sold as a re-bodied Blazer with a Model "A" clip on the front GPster                                              '53 Chevrolet Belair disguised to look like a '51 Chevrolet truck disguised to look like a "Rat Rod (truck)"

Uncle Bob

Hmmm.  I wonder if we could enact some Tool Control laws that would help prevent this kind of tragedy.  Nah, probably wouldn't work any better than the 250 or so gun control laws we have. :wink:
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

41woodie

I've thought for years that acetylene and sawzall blades should be sold only with a prescription, this is a classic example of why.  At first I thought it was a joke, that somebody had set a nice A body on an S-10 frame for laughs, but if it's a joke they went to a lot of trouble to put front fenders on it.  I suppose the body alone is worth the $$ providing they haven't cut up the floor to make it fit.

Ohio Blue Tip

Boy you guys are hard! :shock:   My 34 Ford is going to look about like that :roll: , now I'm scared to post any pictures.  Guess I'll just hide in the garage a while more. :twisted:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Boy you guys are hard! :shock:   My 34 Ford is going to look about like that :roll: , now I'm scared to post any pictures.  Guess I'll just hide in the garage a while more. :twisted:

Yea, but yours is from Mi. Kenny so it'll look better :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

I see that he's been parallel parking too close to the curb.  I kinda like his method of making the front fenders to fit the tires.  Just put a flat sheet of metal on your tire, then drive it for a while.  Probably how he scraped the right tire; got too close to the curb to make the downward curve on the outside of the fender.

I've picked up some good ideas here... :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Bob K

If you look at his other auctions you will see he is into Honda Cycles, prolly was trying to make this look like a Honda. He darn near succeeded.

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

whizzer24

they don't all look bad on a s-10 this is a 48 my son and i have been working on and i dont think its looking to bad. but your wright about that one.   i'll try to post a link so you can take a look be nice thanks.                http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7637410&uid=2242046&members=1

jaybee

Well, you could send him some tips on how to put the wheels where they belong but he'd probably respond like he did to questioners in his auction.  This one is wrong on so many levels!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tomslik

anybody care to guess what that A body would bring if it wern't on a blazer chassis?

wonder what the reserve is?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "tomslik"anybody care to guess what that A body would bring if it wern't on a blazer chassis?

wonder what the reserve is?

I reckon it (the body) would be worth at least $3000 if it's as good as it looks.  The rest, 'maybe' $1000; so my guess would be $4000.

It truely is; unbelievable  :roll: !

Crosley.In.AZ

absolute pile of crap work.

the body is worth more alone.......  imho
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

paul2748

You can tell how much of an idiot the guy is - he even let the questions be posted to the listing.

jaybee

Quote from: "Crosley"absolute pile of crap work.

the body is worth more alone.......  imho

Can't disagree with that.  It's clear the chassis needs to be thrown away and you can't just put it on the curb for the garbage man!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)