Louisville or Bust

Started by Nick32Vic, June 20, 2005, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

I made a post over on the HAMB telling about how we are gonna try to get my car driveable for the Nationals. I thought it would be only fair to show the great people at the Rodding Round Table as well.

Anyways, the goal is the Nationals in Louisville Ky. Apparently i made a drunken 500 dollar bet that i would have it there so that gives me and my dad all the more reason to do it!

Ok, so heres what we got done on my 32.
Bodywork is 90% done.
Cowl Vent is in and works nicely.
Swing out windsheild swings out.
Made the roll pan for the back.
Lots of little stuff really.

Heres what needs to be done in the next 6 weeks.
Mount the seats.
Take the whole car apart.
Put the cam in the motor.
Paint the whole chassis.
Prime the body.
Run the break lines.
Put the whole car back together.
Wire it.
And all that other miscelaneous crap that takes time.

There alot of work to do but i think we can do it.

Now on to the pictures. I seriously think the car looks alot better than it does in these pictures. You cant really appreciate the stuff we did without seeing it in person.

Descriptions are under the photo's

Cowl vent and windsheild. this stuff was hard to do on a glass car ^^^^^^

Side of the car^^^^^^^

Cowl Vent ^^^^^

Rear 3/4 shot^^^^^^[/img]

Nick32Vic

Roll pan and taillights.^^^^^^^^^I was thinking of making some kind of nerf bar to wrap around the rear area to protect the gas tank in back. it would suck to get rear ended. Will it look too crowded with a nerf bar?

Sitting in the garage^^^^^^^^

I made that box thing to cover the gas tank.^^^^^^^ It will double as someplace to sit at shows i guess. haha

So to sum it all up. This things gonna be at the nationals! I promise! O ya My dad is the coolest guy ever.

Nick

Roadstar

Ok now get back out there and work on it. :wink:

Nick32Vic

Rudy,

As soon as i posted this i went out there and worked on it. We got the side mirrors mounted. We got the motor out and the body off and i made a bar across the frame above the drive shaft in case it breaks and finished welding up some little stuff on the frame.

We are on schedule right now. Tomorow night we are gonna make 2 more little brackets on the frame then prime it.  Wensday night we are gonna sand it. Thursday im sure we will find something to do. And Saturday we are taking the frame to our friends booth and hes gonna shoot it for us.

Roadstar

Sounds great Nick. Glad to see you are so determined to get it done.

Deadlines have always been a great way for me to get a project done.

One other thing I do is make a list. Keep it near the project and cross off the things as you finish them. It's very rewarding to see the things get crossed off as you go. but be warned you will add things to that list too as you go, but they will eventually get crossed off too.

Good luck and I'll see you in L-ville

Looks like you're making great progress! Hope to see you in Louisville cruising that beast around the fairgounds!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rooster

You have come a long way Nick, Just stay on it !  Keep us posted if you can find extra time.

Good to finally meet you Sunday!

alchevy

Good luck Nick! I just thought I had stuff to do to my '40 Chevy before Louisville this year. Going to tackle changing out the gaskets around my glass and then install the a/c unit I bought last year at Louisville.

When making that list, it will be long, but don't let it get to ya. Stay on target. While you are relaxing (inbetween things like waiting for paint to dry) take a look at the building my '40 Chevy on my website listed on the bottom of this post. It ain't finished, but it's a driver! Got 13,000 miles on it since July, 2003.  I bought the car in 2000 in original condition and dreamed of driving it to Louisville. It made the trip in 2003 and 2004. The first time, I walked right up to the booth where they were selling event t-shirts and asked for one that said "I drove it to the Nationals this year" like I had seen before. Found out they had stopped selling those shirts!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40chevy"
It made the trip in 2003 and 2004. The first time, I walked right up to the booth where they were selling event t-shirts and asked for one that said "I drove it to the Nationals this year" like I had seen before. Found out they had stopped selling those shirts!
AL

Ya, they need to bring those shirts back. I got one from 88. Ya, thats right 1988. Heres a picture to prove it. Dont let the year fool you though, even though i look incredibly old  :roll:  Im only 17, its my dads shirt. haha

We got the frame painted too, heres some picture.

Nick

rumrumm

Cool project you have there, Nick. I hope to see the car at the Nationals and perhaps meet you at the RRT tent. Good luck with everything and take your time to  get everything right.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58Apache

Hey Nick, what color is that Blue? I like it!  

The whole thing is looking really good. It's great to see a young guy like you working hard at a project like this car.

Sounds like you have a great mentor/teacher as well. Be very thankful for that, as a lot of young guys your age don't even know their dad's.

In some places, Father's day causes a lot of confusion ;)

Nick32Vic

I hope you guys care about these updates because im gonna keep posting them whether you do or not. haha. We got the body block sanded and in blue primer The other day. Now we are gonna put the cam in the motor and paint the motor.

Nick

rooster

lookin good Nick! Hope you make it to Nationals! Stay on it.

47wood

Nick,  Keep on, keep on, keep on and take lots of pics.  You're doing great.  It encourages all of us.  Thanks and good luck,  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

The Doc

Way to go KEEP it at and you'll have that thing on the road soon.

Doc in Mesa
http://jmichael.info/docstoys.htm