Back To The 50's

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, May 24, 2005, 08:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

Anybody going next month?

The 50's is a "Never Miss" event for me. I am trying my darndest to get my 36 ready for that weekend.....Work keeps getting in the way :roll: It's about a 6 hour drive for me....I would love to make it up Thursday evening for the Drive In Movie but looks like it will be Friday after lunch before I get there.As the weekend gets closer....Let's set up a time/place to meet.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bob K

We will be there Wed night through Sunday. We stay at the Raddison, it was the headquarters hotel before they moved to the present one. Yeah let's set up a meet, or swing by the hotel for some parking lot socialization.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

btrc

I think this will be my 10th year.  Should get there Thursday afternoon, hopefully before rush hour this year.  Last year we got into town at 3 O'clock and it took us over 2 hours to get around 494 to the Host Hotel.

Bob
Bob

40 Chev

I'll be going Wed thru to Monday. I'm going to haul my Boler this year haven't done that with the 40 for a while so we're going to do a test run weekend after next and do Devil Run. Devil Lake ND. I wouldn't mind hooking up with a few RRTer's just let me know when and where.

40 Chev Coupe

Staying at the Fairfeild Inn, Friday to Sunday. Going to South Dakota to check out a few junk yards in the first part of the week.
Sounds good if we all could meet someplace and time.
Any ideas?

Jokester

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"Anybody going next month?

When and where???  I did a search and found one in September in Lebanon, Indiana.  Is that it?

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Brian....Back to The 50's is an event put on by the Minnesota Street Rod Association and is held at the state fairgrounds in Minneapolis June 17th thru the 19th.There will be 10K plus cars and the cut-off is 1964.It is a must-do at least once!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

btrc

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"Staying at the Fairfeild Inn, Friday to Sunday. Going to South Dakota to check out a few junk yards in the first part of the week.
Sounds good if we all could meet someplace and time.
Any ideas?

Lee,
 Which junkyards are you checking out here (SD)?  What sort of parts are you looking for?

Bob
Bob

HotRodLadyCrusr

Lee, would you PLEASE keep your eyes open for an Olds or Chevy, drivers door beltline stainless trim.  One year only 1947 and I believe it has to be from a convert.  I'm to a point I'll pay just about anything for the correct piece.  It is the very last piece I need.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bob K

Denise:
How long is that piece ? I might have one.

B :D B

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Lee, would you PLEASE keep your eyes open for an Olds or Chevy, drivers door beltline stainless trim.  One year only 1947 and I believe it has to be from a convert.  I'm to a point I'll pay just about anything for the correct piece.  It is the very last piece I need.
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

HotRodLadyCrusr

43 inches long, 1 inch wide, straight edge on one side, angled on the other end.  I had a few pictures over on the HAMB.  Here's the link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44101&highlight=trim
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

40 Chev Coupe

Will do Denise, I'll even check around here. I know where there's 3- 47 Chevs sitting. Also a junk yard I know where I got all kinds of SS trim last year for $5.00 a car.

:b-d:

54stude

I am going also, but I guess you could say I am spoiled because I only live about 5 miles from the fairgrounds.  

I will try to show up if you all meet at the show, and let you have my phone number just in case someone needs garage space due to breakage.

Hopefully no one needs that number...

Brian

TJ's Dad

An event of that magnitude we can only dream of here in OZ ... biggest event here i've attended was our Nats with around 1500 cars ...

That would be a blast but i bet you dont get to see half of the cars.

That makes me more determined to make a trip over next year.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.