Hey George; et al-re Internet security

Started by slocrow, May 15, 2005, 03:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

George; I know you're planning to use the one offered by your company but to you and anybody else who needs software, I just picked up Norton Internet Security 2005 at Best Buy for almost free.
Mine was due for the annual fee charge so I went looking and found this deal. It listed for $69.99 with a instant rebate of $20. Another $20 mail in and an additional $30 if you are a Norton user currently (upgrade). So I only need to pay the tax on 50 scoots and I'm home free for another year.............Frank
PS: I had the professional 04 and am happy to go back to just the regular. The professional although also free at the time, had just too much stuff to be upgraded from time to time. Productivity, for example.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

purplepickup

In fact this is the very first thing I looked at after installing TrendMicro PC-cillin and running a virus check.  

By the way, I had just run a virus check with Norton and Trend Micro found 5 infected files that Norton hadn't found.....something called JAVA_BYTEVER.  So far the switch over to Trend Micro has gone without a glitch and everything seems to work.  I had to uninstall all the Norton stuff and ZoneAlarm Pro firewall.  I hope your switch to Norton '05 goes as smoothly Frank.

Oops, I just noticed a glitch.    I can't use the smileys here.  :( (I did that one by typing a colon and a bracket)
George