Shamrock Gas Station

Started by 1FATGMC, May 07, 2005, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

A couple weeks ago when Jim and I were coming back from Missouri and the NSRA Oak City show we stopped in Shamrock, Texas on our way to Wellington to pick up the drop tanks for my lakester.

We took a couple pictures at this Route 66 station that the chamber of commerce has been restoring.  I've watched the work progress fairly slowly over the years on my trip through Shamrock on my way to Missouri.  They finally finished it and it is the nicest gas station I've ever seen.  

It is just a minute off of I40, so I would encourage any of you guys and gals running down 40 to stop and look at it.

On a side note if you continue south for 25 miles to Wellington, TX you will see one of the largest yards of 40's, 50's and 60's cars around (probably a couple hundred cars and resonably priced along with parts for sale).  It is just south of town and you can't miss it.  Talk to Bob "Flattop Bob" Owens.  He and his family own it.  They also have one of the largest yards for tractors if you happen to need some tractor parts  :roll:.

c ya, Sum

phat rat

boy I wish you'd been by there in early March. I was there the 25th of March and would've loved to have checked that yard out. That station's really neat.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat rat

Here's of mine of that station

phat rat

OK now I have a question. How do you post multiple pics?

enjenjo

When you get done loading the first picure, there is a box under the attacment box that says add attachment or something like that. Hit that button, and when the screen updates, attach the second picture, and so on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

48ford

We just came back north from south texas where we hide all winter and Shamrock is coming bach,they redid the phillips stations and turned them into shamrocks again.
We have an old shamroce pump that was all but imposible to get decals and globes for when we were colecting parts.
Russ&Irene

purplepickup

:lol:  It looks like we all stop there for a picture or two.
I spent the night there so I snapped one at night too.

George