Workin' On the '38

Started by Dusty, May 07, 2005, 12:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

The Firewall on the '38 coupe is lookin' better.  Things are starting to come together...Too many projects goin' right now...The '54 pick-up project gets worked on in the morning, and then the '38 Chevy gets afternoon and evening.  It's possible the '38 may take me to B'ville this year...Hope-so
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

looking good.

I am always amazed on how many freaking holes can be in a firewall
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"looking good.

I am always amazed on how many freaking holes can be in a firewall

Ain't that the truth! All the cars I do seem to have had at least two or three heaters, at least one of which was installed with a pickaxe.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

My memory is real poor but I believe I filled 38 holes on the 53 chevy truck. What could have caused anyone to put that many holes in it? Too much beer? Broken tape measure?
TEAM SMART

Dirk35

Oolala, that is looking good!

alchevy

A friend of mine is building a '38 Chevy Coupe also. See the first project on this link: http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/clubprojects.htm Yeah, you can look at the others on that page also. Chris is putting in a 502 from Street & Performance in his '38. The car is in paint shop jail right now, been in since last October, thought it was going to be paroled in April, but I think he's still waiting on it. Boy, it takes a while to get these old cars painted. I know three people that had their cars in the paint shop for over 6 months. What they do is the painters take on projects like this while work is slow, then wham-o it gets pushed to the back burner half painted until the real work gets out the door. My '40 Chevy may stay brown for many years.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com