The 37 assembled..well sort of

Started by Pep, April 26, 2005, 02:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

For those that remember, I'm still toiling away with the 37 Ford roadster. I finally got the front sheet metal back on last week end and took a picture. This is probably the closest its going to look complete for a while. It's coming apart and being store while I get back into the chassis.
here is a pic but if you want to see the entire build, just go the the front page and scroll down to "build Index" then go for it.
See Ya
Pep

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Pep"For those that remember, I'm still toiling away with the 37 Ford roadster. I finally got the front sheet metal back on last week end and took a picture. This is probably the closest its going to look complete for a while. It's coming apart and being store while I get back into the chassis.
here is a pic but if you want to see the entire build, just go the the front page and scroll down to "build Index" then go for it.

Looking good, Allan, you have put a huge amount of work into that car.
Looks like that new hood fits well?

Pep

Thans Neil...a lot of work is right...more than I ever expected....but I think I'm still having a good time. When things are goig well, then  I'm happy....when they aint...well...I wonder why. The bonnet fits better than the original..I don't know why, it just does. Thanks to you and Sal37 ( Steve ) for the tip and supplying it.
See Ya
Pep

Brootal

Quote from: "Pep"The bonnet fits better than the original..I don't know why, it just does.

Probably because it hasn't been butchered!!! :)

Lookin' good mate. Gotta get back out there and make sure your seating arrangements are still OK. ;)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

sal37

Glad to help out, the car is looking good Pep.

Steve

cre8tor

Pep, looks like its coming along nicely, well done  8) .
So have you decided on a colour ?

Cheers,

Mark.

btrc

That hood does look nice.  That;s the one thnk I don't like about my '37 is the way the hood fits.  I looked and looked for a good hood but everyone I found for sale had been cracked and welded.

Bob
Bob

rooster

Coming right along! Looks good! I think Drake is reproducing hoods now! Stay on it. :D

Pep

Quote from: "cre8tor"Pep, looks like its coming along nicely, well done  8) .
So have you decided on a colour ?

Cheers,

Mark.

Yeah...its was always going to be black, and still is right now....I will start block sanding the guide coat off next week end and I'll give my final assessment then. I haven't swayed too far from my initial plans. The only deviation is now its going to run on LPG, but later on when they get the injection set up for LPG, then it will be injected LPG.
See Ya
Pep

Looks Good! Tell us the story about the hood....If Neil and Steve were involved,there has to be a story :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Pep

Quote from: "40"Looks Good! Tell us the story about the hood....If Neil and Steve were involved,there has to be a story :P

Pictures and words together tell the whole sad story :wink:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/apepper/March_2005.htm
See Ya
Pep

cre8tor

QuoteYeah...its was always going to be black, and still is right now....I will start block sanding the guide coat off next week end and I'll give my final assessment then. I haven't swayed too far from my initial plans. The only deviation is now its going to run on LPG, but later on when they get the injection set up for LPG, then it will be injected LPG.

Nice! Black looks so good on a straight car, it will test your panel skills though.  :D  :D
LPG sounds good especially the price of petrol at the moment , I think if i was building again I would consider LPG also.
Looking good though.

Cheers,

Mark.

enjenjo

Looking good PEP. You get the roof bows figured out yet?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looking good PEP. You get the roof bows figured out yet?

Well yes and no Frank....I have a restorer who has offered to make them for me...He wants the whole frame ( I haven't told him I'm a rodder yet, as he may ask about  the modifications I made to the frame and ask questions ). I don't like working with wood...too hard to weld back together when you stuff up :wink: ...I have been given the clues, and it seems that laying laminations and glueing is the go. I'm still pondering as I keep saying :)
See Ya
Pep

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"For those that remember, I'm still toiling away with the 37 Ford roadster. I finally got the front sheet metal back on last week end and took a picture. This is probably the closest its going to look complete for a while. It's coming apart and being store while I get back into the chassis.

That is some nice straight looking metal
Has it taken long to this stage ?