The Passing of an Aussie Icon.

Started by TJ's Dad, April 16, 2005, 08:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

My condolences to all his family and friends..................Bert
Rods, music, family, friends......what more could I want?

flatoz

I had met Ian once or twice, doubt he knew who I was but he seemed like a hell of a guy. Seems the passion never let up in him and he will be a missed face at many rod event.  Condolenscense to family and friends.

Larry@Graffiti

Another rodding mate gone. Sad news indeed. I can't remember when I first met Ian, probably a Thunderbirds Bendigo Show or maybe the first Nationals. Always happy to stop and have a chat and never a bad word. Condolences to his family and everyone who knew him.

Devilrod

In all these years in this hobby I rarely (in my line of work) come across true Hotrodders, Shawry I did. He actually came up to me and said hello and mentioned he had seen me around, we yakked for a bit then got back to work, then years later same thing with his son.
His is a face that will be greatly missed at events......

My condolences go out to his family.
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

_Drewfus_

Condolences to the family, and all his close friends.

Humble, passionate, creative, encouraging, welcoming, and honouring.

Whilst I only really spent time talking to him at the various nationals, I am blessed for having met the man.

Another rodding legend gone.

Long live the legend.

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

Mr Cool

I met the guy a couple of times, but mostly remember him by the car, thats been around for some time now, and always admired it.
My condolences to all family and friends.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Carps

Quote from: "Devilrod"... then years later same thing with his son.
yeah, Anthony has hs old man to blame for a lot.   :wink:  
Trained and qualified as an automotive technician, then joined his old man workin' at the dunny paper factory.  Dunno for sure but I think he may have even taken over his old man's job when he retired a couple of yeard back.  He does have his old man's sense of humur and tallent for gettin into trouble.   :lol:

Even worse, Nichole is more like her old man and all the grandkids are just like little Shawries, so whilst we'll miss the old bugger, it's good to know he did his bit to make sure our hot roddin hobby remains in good hands for the future.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rudiments

Thanks to all for the kind words and wishes.

I could not have ever wished for a better father in-law or mate. He was simply the best and we will miss him terribly.

Helen is staying with us at present and appreciates all the well wishes, calls, thoughts and prayers.

The funeral service will be held at the Salvtion Army Citadel in Cranbourne at 10.30am this coming Thursday 21/04.

We will then proceed to the Necropolis in Springvale for the burial and the wake will be at the Village Green Hotel.

Regards
Shaun

SimonSez

Real sorry to hear about this.  I met Ian a couple of times (last time was when he was over here for the NZ nats Thunderbirds). My condolences to all that were close to him.

Roddess1932

I, like many others here, only spoke to Ian for brief moments. My father had known him for many years, and as a younger bloke, Ian was one of the few who would acknowledge a younger guy with an early holden. He was an inspiration and surely encouraged many wanna be hot rodders to actually get out there and join the sport.

Ian just joined into a conversation and you felt that you had known him your whole life - like it was the most comfortable thing ever. I was very upset when my dad told me about his passing & give my sincere condolensces to his family. My family attended the funeral and like others have said, it was a huge affair and testament to what a fantastic guy he was.

What a pity there are not more people like him on this planet. A sad loss to the rodding community.

Carps

Quote from: "Roddess1932"What a pity there are not more people like him on this planet. A sad loss to the rodding community.

Don't worry, both his grandsons are a chip off the old block.  And his grandaughter, well she's just sumpin else again, reckon she'll be showin us all the way before much longer.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.