Bubble Balancing

Started by Mac, April 14, 2005, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Having good luck -back in the day- with bubble balancing wheels using the 4 weight method ( 2 on each side of the rim spread no more than 90*) I picked up a swap meet Micro Precision Model M-60. It works sweet for the wheels on my Chevy 1500 but the smaller center holes on my other vehicles don't fit down on the cone.

Does anyone know if different heads were available for this balancer or if other models were for smaller wheel centers? ...Or think of a trick way to adapt it up?
Who\'s yer Data?

Mr Cool

There is supposed to be one or two cones with it, my dad had one the same as that and he had one cone to fit even larger wheels and a longer adapter for smaller wheels.

It was a couple of years ago that I used it last, and cant remember exactly how it fitted up, except that the wheel sat a bit higher over it, but it was certainly very accurate. Smaller wheels are not that difficult to balance, so the additional height works fine.
It looked like a longer/taller cone that fitted over the existing, and had a seperate bubble in the top adapter too. It ended up being about 4 inches higher overall I think.
sadly he passed away last year and Ive since found out that mum sold it * IT!!) only a few months ago, so I cant even get a pic anymore.
I have no idea how you would make one accurately, but thats how it worked anyway.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.