Ford C10 ???

Started by halfdone, April 13, 2005, 07:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halfdone

The auto in the XA (aussie falcon) I just stripped looks the same as a C4

But the coverter in it has C10 written on it in texta (from the shop I guess)

What does a C10 look like.....are the simular case as a C4 ??

Or does a C10 converter fit a C4 ??

or ????

What have I got here  :?:   :oops:

Mark

Fingers

The C10 is the Clevo style C4.  The dipstick goes into the pan rather than the case and there is a step where the bell housing meets the case, rather than the flush fit of the Windsor style C4. The Clevo style use a larger diameter flex plate also, but this flex plate also fits the Windsor engine. BTW, there is 2 different balance types on the Windsors, they changed in the mid Eighties I think.
Richard

Sean

Quote from: "halfdone"

What is Texta?

Jimbob

Quotehalfdone wrote:

What is Texta?

A Marker Pen :?

Pep

Quote from: "Jimbob"
Quotehalfdone wrote:

What is Texta?

A Marker Pen :?

Showing your lack of age there Jimbob...or how old Halfdone actually is...cause only old farts would remeber Textas. :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Jimbob

QuoteJimbob wrote:
Quote:
halfdone wrote:

What is Texta?

A Marker Pen  

Showing your lack of age there Jimbob...or how old Halfdone actually is...cause only old farts would remeber Textas.

:?:

Pep

Quote from: "Jimbob"
QuoteJimbob wrote:
Quote:
halfdone wrote:

What is Texta?

A Marker Pen  

Showing your lack of age there Jimbob...or how old Halfdone actually is...cause only old farts would remeber Textas.

:?:

Well OK...they are primitive marker pens from the 60s...OK, I admit it...I had a set at school.....geezus...now I'm adimitting to being an old fart :cry:
See Ya
Pep

Crosley.In.AZ

interesting stuff, on the trannys.  You old farts talking about the invention of markers just after dirt was discovered....  :shock:

I would guess the bell housing on the down under C4 still unbolts from the main case?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

X38

Yes, both kinds. Small bell for windsor, big bell for cleveland. they're both C4's.

X38

You can still buy Texta brand marker pens.

32coupe

Ok OK but how do you tell the differerance between a C4 C6 and C10?
The one that halfdone is refering to looks the same as the box on the back of the last windsor that I saw.
Is there a differance from clevo to windsor?? If so what?
It has a removable bell housing, and looks just like any other ford auto that I have seen.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

X38

C6 is bigger in the case, stubbier in the tail - especially if you see one next to a C4, they are a totally different trans. It usually has a row of ribs (lengthwise) on the topside as the case curves up to the bell.

C4 pans are basically square. C6 pan is also close to square(and bigger) but has a rectangular notch out of the rear passenger corner (drivers side in Australia). (where's a pen?)

Hope this helps.

Jimbob

Clevland flex plates are larger diameter than windsors.

But you can bolt a cleveland bell housing to a windsor, with a windsor flex plate. Works well untill you try and start it, the starter moter will not engage te flex plate, just ask me   :oops: :?

X38

Also, you can't swap bells/cases between Windsor and Cleveland C4's. The guts are ok but both cases and bells are different where they meet.

And like swapping housings and centres on 9" diffs, make sure you don't end up without a filler hole in either the case or pan!

X38

Are you sure about that Jimbob? (swapping bells?)

I've got both in the shed, might have to go look, if i can get away from this computer. Dang!