Clown Car or Rod?

Started by hotrodmatt, April 12, 2005, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr model a

" little "  being the operative word :lol: i reckon driving that would be like me trying on an old pair of jeans, don't think it'd fit me.
very cute tho'

cyberrodder

they must of been running on the Model A chassis I picked up last weekend, its about that size.

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

cyberrodder

oh please take it off and turn into a closed cab pu.
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

kb426

Pardon my lack of memory. Back in the late 70's or eraly 80's, I saw one of these at a NSRA event. I think it is an English Austin but my memory is so poor about this that I may all wrong.  I suppose if I took the next 2 weeks and looked through photos I might find it. I don't remember alot about it except it had the same wheels.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

It's an American Austin, built in Butler Pa. I owned one for a short time in 1966, mine had a V8 60 in it, not stock. I always wanted to have one with a 454 in it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "hotrodmatt"I reckon this would make a pretty cool little rod...

Its an Austin Bantam.
Like the Fiat Topolino, we hardly recognise them in original form any more.  They were often cut-down for drag cars.

Crosley.In.AZ

I imagine several of the regulars here know I like it!!

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jimbob

hotrodmatt wrote:

QuoteI reckon this would make a pretty cool little rod

I reckon you're on drugs :wink:

beatnik

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's an American Austin, built in Butler Pa. I owned one for a short time in 1966, mine had a V8 60 in it, not stock. I always wanted to have one with a 454 in it.

This one belongs to a friends father-in-law it has a 454.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Grandadeo

Picture yourself going 80 MPH down the interstate with a 75" wheelbase - pretty scary I think.  That's why I never finished my '38 American Bantam Sedan Delivery and sold it to get my deuce roadster.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

river1

i like it!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd rod it :00

i doubt that i'd fit in it tho.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"I imagine several of the regulars here know I like it!!

:shock:

Your name was the first thing entered my mind on opening the post and seeing the picture.    :lol:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Mr34

I reckon with the right credentials up front (that means engine!) you could get that thing to do wicked wheelstands!

Spoolin_20B

Quote from: "Mr34"I reckon with the right credentials up front (that means engine!) you could get that thing to do wicked wheelstands!

13B Turbo :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  that thing would be so much fun
Spoolin Photography