Guess I'd better say howdy

Started by Track-T, March 01, 2004, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Track-T

Since I've already posted a couple of times today,I'd better say hello.
From my "handle" you can guess I'm in the middle of building a track
style '27 T, going to be one with an "old school" look with nerfs and such,
But with new running gear, I'm thinking 383 stroker or maybe a built
flat motor, not sure just yet. front-end is a Speedway tube axle with
mustang disc's, 8" ford rear-end with 3:00 gears.
This is just the newest build going back to the late 60's that I've done, I
guess I've followed the trends over the years building "hot rods" then
went to street cars, drag style, back to street rods and things like that.
If theres anyone up in Northern coloRODo give me a shout,Jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

You spelled ColoRODo just like my buddy 40StudDude, Roger Jetter.  Did you come from the HAMB by any chance or know Roger?  I also have buddy named Royce in the Denver area thats building a RPU.  Just saw some buildup photos this weekend at the Detroit Autorama.  It's going to be a show stopper for sure.

Glad you found the RRT.  Lots of friendly, knowledgable folks here.  How about some photos of your ride when you get a chance?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome Jim, always glad to see another track roadster guy check in. I'm doing a '26 track nosed roadster pickup. You can find the web site for some couple year old pictures in my profile. It's all pretty much homebrew scratched out on the garage floor. The chassis is done and I'm painting parts, and painting parts, and painting parts. It's all pretty much  '65 Mustang Poppy Red. Hope to start reassembly sometime this month.

Give us some pics of what you're doing when you can.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Track-T

Yep, I'm on the H.A.M.B. also,LOL, Main place I hang out is on a Tbucket
site though, NTBA..National T Bucket Alliance, we've got about 1500
members worldwide.
This July were having our 6th T bucket Nationals in Omaha,Ne. 3 days of
fun and games. Our last one in Kansas was just in "street rodder" a couple
of months ago.
Charlie, Thats a great ride you've got,Gotta love the ol"Track style T's
I've put an earlier photo in the "test" area,Not the best pic but it should give an idea of what I'm doing.

Oh,By the way,I stole the spelling of coloRODo from a club in longmont,
Co. "The coloRODians"(sp)

http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Jim.  Glad to have you in the knowledge pool.
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Charlie Chops 1940

Jim,

Looks like a great start. Keep us posted.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Track-T"Since I've already posted a couple of times today,I'd better say hello.
From my "handle" you can guess I'm in the middle of building a track
style '27 T, going to be one with an "old school" look with nerfs and such,
But with new running gear, I'm thinking 383 stroker or maybe a built
flat motor, not sure just yet. front-end is a Speedway tube axle with
mustang disc's, 8" ford rear-end with 3:00 gears.
This is just the newest build going back to the late 60's that I've done, I
guess I've followed the trends over the years building "hot rods" then
went to street cars, drag style, back to street rods and things like that.
If theres anyone up in Northern coloRODo give me a shout,Jim

Aloha, Jim, welcome to the funny farm... :D

Actually, there's a greatbunch of folks on here. Jump in with both feet and get wet. (Just watch out fer those there Ohio boys. They tend to do unspeakable things behind the barn on moonlit nights)... 8)  :oops:  :lol:

Here's a shot of a little something I redid the year before last. It came out of Las Vegas in 1973, by way of Northern California. It was built for a radio station in LV. After a few years, it was brought to Florida by an advertisement agancy, where it sat outside in the rain and in various shops and warehouses around here for about 20 years, going to ruin.
It only had a 1973 V-6 Ford motor with C-4 trans and narrowed 1958 GM rear, but it would haul A** when it had to...

I'm sorry I sold it, but a dude in Miami saw it somewhere on the web, got ahold of my email, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  

See ya... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Sean

Quote from: "Rayvyn"(Just watch out fer those there Ohio boys. They tend to do unspeakable things behind the barn on moonlit nights)... 8)  :oops:  :lol:

Ohio? More like Northerners in general. Missouri is the Frontier, it gets pretty strange if you go any farther North...:roll:  :wink:

Welcome to the forum Jim.

enjenjo

Memo to self

Adjustable Sh** List

1  Rayvyn
2  Rayvyn
3  Rayvyn
4  Sean (new entry)
5  Rayvyn
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"Memo to self

Adjustable Sh** List

1  Rayvyn
2  Rayvyn
3  Rayvyn
4  Sean (new entry)
5  Rayvyn

Thats not bad. Last time I saw that list I was #2.... :D

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"(Just watch out fer those there Ohio boys. They tend to do unspeakable things behind the barn on moonlit nights)... 8)  :oops:  :lol:

Ohio? More like Northerners in general. Missouri is the Frontier, it gets pretty strange if you go any farther North...:roll:  :wink:

Well......I guess "frontier" is one word you COULD use to describe Missouri......But I think "misery" fits better :oops:  :lol:

Ravyvn,the stuff we do behind the barns,we also do out front and INSIDE,depending on the weather.Moonlight is NOT a requirement. I think you are just jealous :shock:  :lol:  :oops:
Congrats on making Enjenjo's list :D  :D
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Ravyvn,the stuff we do behind the barns,we also do out front and INSIDE, depending on the weather. Moonlight is NOT a requirement.
Yea what he said!

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I think you are just jealous
No I think he is mad hes never been invited.

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Congrats on making Enjenjo's list :D  :D
Having been there a time or two. Being in the top five of the ASL is not the worst things in the world but making the PSL can make it unpleasant.  :P

Track-T

I always thought "ohio" was part of Canada.  :lol:

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Track-T"I always thought "ohio" was part of Canada.  :lol:
I was so busy pickin' on Ravyvn that I forgot to welcome you to the board.........But after that crack about Ohio..........
I think you'll fit right in........WELCOME anyway!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Sean

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Well......I guess "frontier" is one word you COULD use to describe Missouri......But I think "misery" fits better :oops:  :lol:  

Depends on when you're here. From late May to early September the Humidity generally stays in the 90%-100% range. It does get pretty miserable then.

I don't know how people can stand to live in the Deep South, its bad enough here.