Started by Grease Can, April 09, 2005, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

kroozn

Quote from: "DRD57"
I don't see any rust.

Hi Don,
The car is rust "free"!
At least that is what she paid for the rust and want's to pay to get it fixed!  :lol:  :lol:

So, when I can get inside the shop ..... the young lady is going to learn to replace her own rocker panels  :)

There goes the manicure!  :(

DrJ

Quote from: "kroozn"
Quote from: "DRD57"
I don't see any rust.

Hi Don,
The car is rust "free"!
At least that is what she paid for the rust and want's to pay to get it fixed!  :lol:  :lol:

So, when I can get inside the shop ..... the young lady is going to learn to replace her own rocker panels  :)

There goes the manicure!  :(

Well, If GREASE is the "do" and CAN is the attitude, then that means Grease can is the "Can-do" girl.
And having met her once I think she can do just about anything she puts her hands and mind too.
(Including driveng across the desert in June. Hell, ya had me doin it in September! Whatsa matta, that flatty run hot? Set the timing up till it almost pings, it'll cool down.)

Grease Can

Alright doggone it!  The car photographs better than it looks... the rockers are lace... and there are bubbles in the bottom corners of the back doors, and its starting to bubble a bit under the taillights.  The Maaco type paint is about a 1/2 inch thick, and there's no telling what is under it.  Its rough for out West here, but in great shape for a Southern car.

I drive that car at 60-65 on the interstates, and that's without using the OD which is not working right and is one of the many things that needs fixing.

BUT, with all its faults, it IS an AWARD WINNING CAR!  I got a trophy for the "Longest Drive" at the Heavy Rebel Weekender 3 years ago... I drove it from Birmingham to Chattanooga to the Blue Ridge Parkway up thru the mountains all the way to Boone, North Carolina then over to Winston-Salem, then back thru Atlanta and back to Birmingham...  the only incident being my muffler falling off along the way...

Me and my friend Heather had the best time ever.  The car never runs hot, I've actually had other flattie owners marvel at how cool she runs... which is why I've decided to leave it stock... it runs too dang good to muck with it... I'll find another to build for my 31 coupe...