Getting close!

Started by EMSjunkie, April 04, 2005, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

getting real close to the first fire up  :D  :D

hopefully this weekend. got a 4 dayer coming this weekend.

woulda been this past weekend, but I couldn't find any 5/16" steel tubing here in Hooterville.

got to bend and hook up the trans. cooler lines, fill the fluids, prime the oil system and carb. should be good to go!

starting to get excited again  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"getting real close to the first fire up  :D  :D
starting to get excited again  8)

Yeah baby, now you're talkin' !!!!
Good luck!!!  :P

enjenjo

Go for it!!!

I changed the carb on my pickup today, BB Chevy. I used 18 gallons of gas to go 130 miles on the last tank of fuel, and it would idle down the road at 50 mph, time for a change. It had a Holley, I installed an Edelbrock, so, new throttle cable bracket, fuel line, air cleaner stud, ECT, ECT. When I got it on, it wouldn't get any fuel, checked it out, it was a slightly used carb, there was about a teaspoon of sand in each float chamber, apparently they didn't use a filter. I cleaned it out, set the floats, and put it back together. Started then, but wouldn't idle unless the choke was closed all the way.  ????? I found I had left the 1/4" pipe plug out of the back of the carb, that'll do it!!! Fixed that, and now it runs fine.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kroozn

Quote from: "enjenjo"Go for it!!!
I used 18 gallons of gas to go 130 miles on the last tank of fuel

I think I changed my mind about wanting you to leave the truck here with me for me to keep it exercised for you!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Just about the same milage as my old crew cab dually!
:(

enjenjo

Hopefully it will be better now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.