car songs

Started by alchevy, April 03, 2005, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

After seeing the other post about listening to country music, I thought about asking for you to list your favorite car songs. Can be from country, rock, or what ever. Beach Boys probably had the most. One from country that's a favorite of mine is about the guy answering the ad for a Chevy that's for sale and it turns out to be a '63 Corvette. I have heard a similar story from several friends. The story gets better each time it's told. This was before the song came out.

George Jones had the song about what he thought was the guy was stairing at his Corvette and it turned out to be that the guy was stairing at his wife!

Country music is just made for talking about pickup trucks and such...you have heard haven't you, that if you play a country song backwards, then you get you pickup truck back, you dog back, and your wife back. That's good for an album (those round looking plastic things that used to be record albums...you folks born after the mid 80s don't know what I'm talking about.).
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dolly

One of the best songs for driving to is by Dave Dee, Dozey, Beaky, Mick and Tich, titled "Legend of Xanandu".

Of course anything by Stevie Ray Vaghan, with the volume cranked up and windows closed, makes driving alone, pure pleasure.
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

chris spokes

8) i just love hotrod lincoln
he who has the most toys wins

Bern_32

What about the ballad of Thunder Road by Robert Mitchum or Leader of the Pack (i know not strictly not a car song - but hey!) or Dead Man's Curve (Jan and Dean) GTO (not 100% sure - Ronny and the Daytonas.)
Little Deuce Coupe, Little Old Lady from Pasadena (Jan and Dean)

Beleive me there is plenty more for this list  :D
"Just a Kid in a Hopped Up Model A"

Devilrod

64 GTO - The Amazing Crowns, Five o Ford & Big Red Rocket of Love - Reverend Horton Heat, Devil drives a Buick (Jesus drives a Chevrolet) - Speed Devils.........

Theres more just cant think of them at the moment.
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

32coupe

www.detonators.com.au

hot rod tiptruck
burn baby burn
traveling man         The Detonators from Melbourne OZ

Jack Beaumore and the Bandits have some good ones too, from Sweeden I think.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Anonymous

Beach Boys.

Well just read my sign off.

Pep

I'm on a Mescal Bros kick at present....They are great rockabilly band
One of my others are The Belmont Playboys...especially their tune...Hotrod Heart.
See Ya
Pep

Anonymous

How about "My Old Rod" by a band Called Slap'n'the Cats.

Sung to the tune of "This Old man."

They played at the Nationals in Geelong last.

Dolly

Quote from: "cool23"Beach Boys.

Well just read my sign off.

SURFIN STUFF!!!

Man rock n roll's been goin downhill since Buddy Holley died.   :cry:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

TJ's Dad

Aussie Rodder,guitarist and singer Victor O'Neil (ex Rockabilly Rebels) did a fantastic rendition of the Peter Sardest tune 'Where do you go to my Lovely'

His was 'Where do you go to my hotrodder when youre alone in your shed'

But you cant go past Little Deuce Coupe.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Pep

Quote from: "cool23"How about "My Old Rod" by a band Called Slap'n'the Cats.

Sung to the tune of "This Old man."

They played at the Nationals in Geelong last.

They broke up last year...I used to be on "Slaps" email list. He holds up hope they will get back together...Good Aussie rockabilly bands are dwindling...The Flamin Locos are a good young band.
See Ya
Pep

Anonymous

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"

But you cant go past Little Deuce Coupe.

Look Dolly MORE Surf Music.

How about Brian Setzer songs like
"Ignition", "Hot Rod Girl", "59" & "Who would Love this Car But Me ?"

Bern_32

Dolly you have watched American Graffiti way too many times  :D
"Just a Kid in a Hopped Up Model A"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pep"
They broke up last year...I used to be on "Slaps" email list. He holds up hope they will get back together...

I heard a couple of good bands came out of Slap'n'the Cats.