Health Topic

Started by tomslik, February 28, 2004, 09:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

well, i had a dumbas$ attack and broke a finger.

got any ideas how to keep a wrist-length cast from getting dirty? :?:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Sean

Quote from: "tomslik"well, i had a dumbas$ attack and broke a finger.

got any ideas how to keep a wrist-length cast from getting dirty? :?:

Spray it with Clearcoat. Then you can wipe off anything that gets on it... :wink:

How did you break it?

tomslik

leaf sping on an exploder attacked me....

guess i go get it pinned thursday.
this AIN'T soundin' like fun...

right at the moment, i've got a ace bandage holding this "splint" on my arm.

wish they made condoms this big...

Sean

Better than a friend of mine. He was putting a new Hydraulic cylinder on the bucket of a Front-end Loader a while back and Cut his finger off.

Dummy had the bottom Pin in, and the top of the cylinder held in place with a ratchet-strap. It wasn't lined up right so he decided to try and let pressure off the strap while feeling the alignment with his finger. The strap let go all at once instead of backing off, and since he had his finger poked almost all the way through the hole, the falling cylinder actually cut his finger in three pieces. The tip fell out the opposite side, while the Cylinder took the biggest chunk with it as it fell out of its yoke. They got the center section sewed back on, but the Tip was mangled so bad they couldn't do anything with it.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "tomslik"
wish they made condoms this big...

Saw a vidio once.  Guy was demonstrating the strength of condoms and actually rolled one over his head,  the one with a nose and ears.  Worth a try.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

QuoteSaw a vidio once. Guy was demonstrating the strength of condoms and actually rolled one over his head, the one with a nose and ears. Worth a try.

Rayvyn does it all the time. doesn't seem to have any ill effects, he's still dumb as a rock.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Trying to add some sense to this topic , I would be afraid of what would happen to your skin under the cast if you trapped moisture under it from the natural perspiration of your body. All that humidity might not be too good for the cast unless it's a fiberglass one. And then it might not be good as the resin cures in a tight place an is trapped next to your skin. Then of course you guys like to talk with a sexual slant on things. Keep a partner handy. It will probably be kind of hard to get any satisfaction singlehandedly. GPster

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"It will probably be kind of hard to get any satisfaction singlehandedly. GPster

Boy you sure opened the door there, Joe :twisted:

Tom, you probably won't have much of a cast for a broken finger will ya?  Most I've seen just used the metal splint and ace bandage til it healed.  Just have some spare ace's on hand.  If you're having it pinned you must have popped it pretty good :(

Thanks to a motorsickle crash once, I was in a cast from my shoulder to my knuckles for 6 months with pins and rods sticking out in a couple of places.  I couldn't do much work with that arm but if I was doing dirty things (real dirt...not Frank's kind), I cut some finger holes in an old sock and pulled it over the cast.  I used a small garbage bag over it, taped at the top, when I showered.  The doctor will change it if it gets real grungy tho.  The worst part is scratching those itches waaaayy down inside. :?

Happy healing :)
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "GPster"It will probably be kind of hard to get any satisfaction singlehandedly. GPster

Boy you sure opened the door there, Joe :twisted:

Tom, you probably won't have much of a cast for a broken finger will ya?  Most I've seen just used the metal splint and ace bandage til it healed.  Just have some spare ace's on hand.  If you're having it pinned you must have popped it pretty good :(

yeah, kinda sheared the bone.

what i was looking for was some way to keep from getting saturated with gas,oil,antifreeze,etc..as far as "satisfaction",i've never needed 2 hands :shock:

tomslik

well, i knew if i said i needed 2 hands you'd find it hard to swallow :wink:

SKR8PN

Boys.....THIS thread is going downhill FAST  :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Boys.....THIS thread is going downhill FAST  :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Almost down to your level, huh Jim?
:lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

so, i'm out in the shop welding and i was wonderig, how do you keep the sock from burning :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "tomslik"so, i'm out in the shop welding and i was wonderig, how do you keep the sock from burning :lol:

Being the cheap guy that I am, I wrap duct tape around a finger of my wood cutting gloves when I  wear thru in a spot.  First layer is sticky side up so it don't stick to my finger thru the hole, then the next couple layers are the other way.  Maybe you can split  a leather glove finger lengthways and make it big enough to fit your splinted finger by using duct tape.  That stuff burns slow.
George

tomslik

!!!

you related to Red Green?