The Plymouth Uphostered

Started by choco, March 25, 2005, 10:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

Got the Plymouth back from the upholsterer today (Saturday). He did a real fine job....

The rumble seat is actually made out of a trunk, as the Aussie mopars didn't run a rumble seat from the factory.

The material is Lilac suede, feels real nice and wears better than the mainstream facrics, although it did cost a litle more.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

enjenjo

Suede? For nude cruisin'? You are a man after my own heart Choco!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

choco

Quote from: "enjenjo"Suede? For nude cruisin'? You are a man after my own heart Choco!

I can picture it now.....you and me, in the rumble seat, buck nekkid!
Hot Rod Handbooks

Lithgow-Mick

Very nice choco.  :wink:
I'll bet your wallet was very lite after paying for it.  :shock:
You got more pics of the Plymouth.
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

rx4ord

Very nice. My stepdaughter saw it and wanted a couch like it she said. She's got good taste so I agree with her. Did you get a pm from me Choco about HQ stubs for my Anglia? If not you have got it now. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

Mr Cool

It does look very nice Choco, but the color is a bit gay isnt it?
Quote from: "choco"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Suede? For nude cruisin'? You are a man after my own heart Choco!

Not only is this a little too much information, it proves my point above.
I dont really want to picture that in MY head. Uh-oh, I think Im gunna  
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

With or without clothes.....I think it might be a tight fit :shock:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

choco

Quote from: "Mr Cool"It does look very nice Choco, but the color is a bit gay isnt it?

I dunno, something happened to me the day after I saw a sheep in a compromising position on my engine. Maybe it was the sheep's human lover, but I felt a sudden desire to give in to my feminine self.

The fact is, when the upholsterer came around with some samples, this was the colour and fabric that stood out. I don't know why, as I don't have an eye for that kind of detail, but once I saw it, there was no doubt in my mind.
Hot Rod Handbooks

Sean

Isn't Purple the official color for Gay Pride? :wink:  

Interior does look good though Choco. I have never seen Suede used in an automobile.

choco

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"Very nice choco.  :wink:
I'll bet your wallet was very lite after paying for it.  :shock:

The trim job included making up new hood bows, all the mounting and hooking structure (like welding on the tabs to hand the fibreglass panels) the stereo installation in the rear panel under the back window, the re-location of the rumble seat gas struts, re-wiring the rumble seat electrics (solenoid wiring), carpet and carpet edging, everything. Took 3 weeks. Total cost $5,500. When you open the rumble seat and look down the length of the entire car, the whole interior from the back to the front is in a perfectly smooth line. All the pleats are symmetrical from the rumble seat forward to the kick panels under the dash. A very nice effect.

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"You got more pics of the Plymouth.

Yep.

Hot Rod Handbooks

Lithgow-Mick

Very nice indeed mate, the cost sounds bloody good, considering it cost me 5K just to re-build my flattie.
While we are on the subject, I can't remember seeing to many Plymouth Coupes about.
How close to rego are you. ???
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

choco

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"Very nice indeed mate, the cost sounds bloody good, considering it cost me 5K just to re-build my flattie.
While we are on the subject, I can't remember seeing to many Plymouth Coupes about.
How close to rego are you. ???

Once I have a few minor things cleaned up (like some longer wheel studs, tune the computer on a dyno, coat the headers) I will be ready for an engineer. The car will be registered by the end of winter and blowing away Chevs and Fords at the opening of the next drag racing season.
There are plenty of Plymouth coupes around, they are cheap as chips because they aren't Fords. They do, however, take a bit more effort to rod than a Ford, but I reckon it's worth it.
Hot Rod Handbooks

Crosley.In.AZ

kripes!...... what a sight that would be.  The police would laugh too long to arrest anybody
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Phil55

I've got a 37 Plymouth two door sedan.  Other than being a boat, I like the lines.  The grill looks like a ealier Chevy and the slant back like the Ford sedan.  However, everything is about 15 - 20% bigger.  Fits me that way javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

Carps

BUUUURP!

Sorry, gotta run, I think I'm going to be sick.     :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.