The Plymouth Uphostered

Started by choco, March 25, 2005, 10:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dave"

Holly, do you also know Su Edelbrock and Weber Solex?

and Man I Fold. LOL :lol:

Holly.

Dave

Quoteand Man I Fold. LOL
Holly your puns suck but if you are lucky you may still be inducted but I would not want to put too much pressure on you or it may create a vacuum. That is if the down draft doesn't get you. Holly you are one mixed up lass.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dave"Holly you are one mixed up lass.

But I know you love me. LOL :lol:  :wink:

Holly.

Dolly

Quote from: "Dave"Holly you are one mixed up lass.

And a man who gets upset because rain washes the dust and cobwebs from his car is normal?    :?
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dolly"

And a man who gets upset because rain washes the dust and cobwebs from his car is normal?    :?

Hey I offered a loan of my Bucket'n'Sponge.

Choco may I ask why that Color it is very different or unusual to see inside a Rod. Color outside will be similar Purple ?

Simon.

choco

Quote from: "cool23"Choco may I ask why that Color it is very different or unusual to see inside a Rod. Color outside will be similar Purple ?
Simon.

The paint is "Choco Purple" (long story) but it's a very black violet. You can't see the violet metallic until the sun hits it. There will be metallic violet flames down the side.

See the grille and the cowl? That's "Choco Purple".

I chose the Lilac suede interior because "it is very different and unusual to see inside a rod".
How about that, eh? A non-Ford, non-Chev powered, EFI rod with a Lilac suede interior.
I just don't feel like doing the same things someone else has done.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

Dave

QuoteChoco may I ask why that Color it is very different or unusual to see inside a Rod. Color outside will be similar Purple ?
Probably the same reason someone would put a blue engine in a green car!

QuoteAnd a man who gets upset because rain washes the dust and cobwebs from his car is normal?
When did I ever say I was normal? Most of the cobwebs blew off at 95 MPH down the strip! Still got most of the dust though. Glad it didn't rain. Would have ruined my trophy chances.

Hey Choco can you fill us in on the EFI setup on the Mopar? I gather you are running stock ULP? We want to put a 273 in Katie's 39 Plymouth with a similar setup.

choco

Quote from: "Dave"Hey Choco can you fill us in on the EFI setup on the Mopar? I gather you are running stock ULP? We want to put a 273 in Katie's 39 Plymouth with a similar setup.

I run a tunnel ram that has been machined for common garden Bosch injectors. I also have at home a brand new, hi-rise small block mopar manifold that I'm working on for EFI conversion. It's probably a bit high-dollar for your 273, but PM me if you are interested.
I used two 900 cfm staged billet throttle bodies from EFI Hardware in Melbourne. In hindsight, I could have used a setup that was half the price. I have helped tune Ken Matthews' 33 coupe with an EFI BB Chev. He used two commodore throttle bodies and mounted them on a 5mm aluminium plate that he made at home. Covered them with a bug scoop like mine. Simple, and dirt cheap. He did the whole EFI conversion for under $800!
I used a JE Camira engine wiring harness and used all the Camira sensors, including the MAP, MAT, CLT. The CLT (coolant temp sensor) goes in to the screw-in bung for the heater hose, you can't use the temp. sender as a CLT. The TPS is from a VR/VS commodore, as it goes in the opposite direction to the VN/Camira type, and my throttle bodies needed the latrer model one. I used a 4 wire GM O2 sensor that I bought from eBay Motors for $US30. If you run headers, you must use a heated O2 sensor.  A Commodore VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) screws straight in to a 727 or 904. Great, eh?
Use a ProComp billet dissy or, if you're feeling generous, an MSD. I don't like the factory Mopar electronic dissys, and I have been severely flamed for this opinion over on the MoparMarket forum, but I have a few of them in my shed and all the shafts are bent. They are old, sloppy dissys, and the late model, billet dissys cost the same as a NOS Mopar dissy and work much better. The MSD billet dissys are the best, and easy to lock.
Use a GM ignition module from a Camira or TPI Chev. You can get the you-beaut Anhialator modules from eBay motors for $US17, a stock GM one for $US10 or go to a Holden dealer spare parts counter and pay $AU160! Even the wreckers sell them for about $60, so unless you can slip the Camira ignition module in your pocket when you get the wiring harness, get it from eBay motors (or me - I have a few of them).
I used a Kalmaker real time Engine Management System, and you will need either this system or something like a Megasquirt. The programmable Engine Management systems like Motec, Wolf, TEC3 and Halltech are great, but very, very, very expensive. Start at $2,600! I can supply you with a computer (for $40), a chip (for $300) and tune your engine with my Kalmaker for free. You can get Con or Chris Soldatos at Castle Headers to do this for you, but I don't know what they charge.
For more info, buy my book and/or email me.
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

Anonymous

Thanks Choco, Metalic colors I believe do look good.

As fo Dave's comment on my engine. I can have it any color I like. Just so happens it is a model that is painted that color. Next you will ask Why I painted the Cummins 'Cummins Black'....  

Quote from: "choco"
For more info, buy my book and/or email me.

No harm in a shame less Plug. Thanks for the details.

Simon.