700r4 tranny and the TV cable

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 24, 2005, 07:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

this is a subject talked about to the Nth degree, but still over looked by many folks.

This a photo of a 700 tranny pan.  About 30 miles on it with the TV cable NOT even close to correct adjustment & operation.

Customer brought the truck in complaining about no shift , poor shifts , poor quality work on our part...every thing was our fault till the hood was opened and my boss looked at the TV cable

Not sure how well the brown color shows up in this foto.

Of course the customer thinks we should fully warranty the unit, even with the incorrect install.... LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"this is a subject talked about to the Nth degree, but still over looked by many folks.

You mean it isn't suppose to look like that  :roll: ?

I continually get e-mails from people who have looked at the 700R4 information on my sight and just don't want to believe that the TV cable is all that important.

They all want a quick fix and don't want to look at the correct geometry required for the TV cable to work.

They spend more time trying to get around dealing with the issue than it takes to fix it.

In 30-40 minutes with the carb still on the motor you can make this right.

Boy am I glad I got that off of my chest  :P .  

Thanks for the opportunity Tony,

Sum

Charlie Chops 1940

When I put the 700R and new engine in my '40 the summer before last I wasn't quite comfortable with the adjustment right before Bonneville, so I left it home. When I got back I was refreshed and not in a hurry so I went through the set up a couple more times with some minor adjustments and it was fine. Between your site Sum, and a couple others, I sorted it out and am really happy with it. Put about 3000 miles on it last year and it works flawlessly. Best thing I ever did to that car.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!