Olds V-6 saga ends, good results!

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 13, 2005, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

THis morning I bolted up the oil pan on the engine & added oil.  

I lit the engine and it ran smooooth as a baby's buttt.  So I added the water hoses , pulleys, coolant.

Obviously no bent valves........the job is done and my brother is happy. I had him chasing some parts and stuff today.  Keeps him outta my way.  :lol:

I spent about 170 bux$ on parts; timing set , chain tensioner, cam thrust button & spring,  gaskets, water pump , pan gasket, oil & filter, anti-freeze..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Luck beats skill every time doesn't it Tony?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

I'll drive my Riviera out, and you can work on it....I'll go sightseeing. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"THis morning I bolted up the oil pan on the engine & added oil.  

I lit the engine and it ran smooooth as a baby's buttt.  So I added the water hoses , pulleys, coolant.

Obviously no bent valves........the job is done and my brother is happy. I had him chasing some parts and stuff today.  Keeps him outta my way.  :lol:

I spent about 170 bux$ on parts; timing set , chain tensioner, cam thrust button & spring,  gaskets, water pump , pan gasket, oil & filter, anti-freeze..

no point in buying a lottery ticket.
all his luck was used up on the car;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
no point in buying a lottery ticket.
all his luck was used up on the car;)

============= heck , I got paid too.

I was asked twice since thursday if a check was OK.  My answer was the same; "cash only"

:arrow:   :wink:    :wink:
Tony

Dave

I was asked twice since thursday if a check was OK. My answer was the same; "cash only"

From your brother even  :lol:
Glad it worked out. I saw a lot of posts for the worst but you didnt give up.
I remember buying a big old chrysler and I mean BIG that someone told the guy the timing chain was out of it. I brought it over to my house and the guy didnt know if he wanted it fixed or not so I offered him a few hundred bucks for it. The next week I put a new dizzy cap on er and started driving it. The guy told me if he knew it was that easy to put a chain and gears in it he would have tried it him self ... The he said Naw....
I or i should say my wife drove it for 2 years and I traded it in on a newer car. Oh ya i ran a chevy 2 barrel on it for a while cause murrys couldnt get me a rebuilt that would work? They even told me I couldnt put a rottenchester 2 bbl on it... Oh ok....
Dave :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "N8DC"I was asked twice since thursday if a check was OK. My answer was the same; "cash only"

From your brother even  :lol:

Dave :wink:

it's one of those long stories.  When I use the word "cash" , I do mean cash... LOL

Many years ago....I had a fellow hand me a generic  check from a local bank, We used to call them counter checks .  

I had told him and his brother several times that I wanted cash for this 12 bolt , 4.10 posi   69 Camaro diff.

He was upset & did not understand why I would not accept the check.

what a meanie I am.  :evil:
Tony

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"it's one of those long stories.  When I use the word "cash" , I do mean cash... LOL

Many years ago....I had a fellow hand me a generic  check from a local bank, We used to call them counter checks .  

I had told him and his brother several times that I wanted cash for this 12 bolt , 4.10 posi   69 Camaro diff.

He was upset & did not understand why I would not accept the check.

what a meanie I am.  :evil:

It makes you wonder what part of the word "cash" people don't understand; I sold a travel trailer to a guy once, I had told him cash only, he showed up with a check. Of course he promised it was good..."great" I said, "theres a bank about three blocks away, go cash your check and bring me the CASH"..... He did.... :D