Alternate Hot Rod Magazines

Started by sal37, March 10, 2005, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

I am hoping that you guys can give me some feedback on some of the "alternate" magazines.  I am interested in traditional/nostalgic hot rods and have seen a few different magazines up for bidding on ebay.  Titles include Rolls & Pleats, Car Kulture, Hop UP and no doubt there are many others.  I haven't seen them in the flesh but wanted to get some idea of what they were like and whether they are worth while buying.  
I subscribe to Street Rodder and Australian Street Rodding but these magazines cover a wide range of cars (which is good) but I want to narrow the field a bit.
Any comments would be helpful.

Steve

Devilrod

See Peddro at Kustom Ink - http://www.hot-rod.com.au/kustomink/

I can recommend Hop Up, The Rodders Journal (more book than mag, but exceptional), Rolls & Pleats these are all definite must haves  for me anyway. Ol Skool Rodz is getting better but is up and down a bit, CK deluxe is on its last legs so don't go rushin out to subscribe and new one yet to be seen is Traditional Rod & Kulture looks promising. And you can't go past Mad Fabricators Society.
As for Aussie ones check out Newsledder. Havent seen Stickshift yet.
These are the ones I personally get, but have a look at the variety on Peddro's website.
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

Dolly

The gang at KOA also have Custom Rodder back on track after a short hiatus, although it's more a newsletter than a magazine.  It will however, give you a good handle on the 'alternative' scene in Australia.
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Devilrod

Quote from: "Dolly"The gang at KOA also have Custom Rodder back on track after a short hiatus, although it's more a newsletter than a magazine.  It will however, give you a good handle on the 'alternative' scene in Australia.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay   :D
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

flatoz

peddro will post mags to you, his website might be down tho, pm him here

Anonymous

Flatoz,
Perhaps we could put an e-mail address here for Peddro ?
Do you think he would mind ? Is there an e-mail address on his RRT profile ???

Club Meeting tonight Flatoz - Automated apology or do you plan to attend to hear what is going on/down ???

flatoz

no wont be there,

neither will the old man, so better put an appology in for both of us.

sal email me and I will pass on Waynes email to you,

wont post it here cool23 , he can do so if he wants.

I'll let him know of this thread

sal37

Quote from: "flatoz"no wont be there,

neither will the old man, so better put an appology in for both of us.

sal email me and I will pass on Waynes email to you,

wont post it here cool23 , he can do so if he wants.

I'll let him know of this thread

Thanks Flatoz - I had a look at the Kustomink website and got an email address from there.  Wayne sure has a good selection.
Steve

_Drewfus_

Give me a ring (0402 08 3273), and if your keen, I can loan you a couple to look at.........(but I want them back).

Note: Wayne is the MAN to talk to, and he'll look after you well..... :wink:

Cheers,

Drewfus :D
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

PEDDRO

Thanks Flatoz.

That link for my site is gettin' out-of-date VERY quickly...due to the wash-up of the ARSF debacle I've had to find a new home and learn how to a quck bit of HTML. I'm in the middle of relocating everything at the moment to:

http://www.kustomink.com.au/

My email's on the homepage.

Just a short list of what I drag in (and have been doin' so for about 5 years now):

BurnOut (Japan)
Car Kulture DeLuxe (dead as of about 2 months ago)
Dice (UK)
Garage (USA)
HardCore Rod & Kustom (by the same guy that does Burnout) (Japan)
Hop Up (USA)
Jammin Gears (NZ)
Kustoms Illustrated (USA)
Mad Fabricators Society (DVDs) (USA)
MagNeto (USA)
Newsledder (Oz!)
Ol Skool Rodz (USA)
Rev (USA)
Rolls & Pleats (Belgium)
Shop Rag (USA)
Smokin Shutdown (Germany)
Stickshift (WA)
Traditional Rod & Kulture Illustrated (USA)
Wizzz (USA)
Wrench (USA)

Feel free to email me anytime (or call) and I'll help you out the best I can.

*SPAM* out.

Carps

Quote from: "flatoz"neither will the old man, so better put an appology in for both of us.

I'da thunk that'd be the norm, I hear people apologgising for you all the time.  

Most common is, "Flatoxz is runninlate, coz his tired old engine wouldn't pull a bandaid off a hairy leg".   :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Anonymous

Flatoz,
 Apology went in for you and your Dad. He had the T out for the Harcourt
Apple fest. Looked good with the two T's together.

I only hope some one is apolgising for you Carps but then I guess the Americans understand you by now.

Dolly

Quote from: "cool23"I only hope some one is apolgising for you Carps but then I guess the Americans understand you by now.

I have to take him everywhere twice.

The second time to appologise.   :wink:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

flatoz

better late than never carps, plus you told me you were going to show me the secret of waxing your legs so it wasnt painfull?

dont worry theres plans afoot to give the tired old flathead a least of life, but it goes ok, just ask brootal,

but then he drives a scab.

Crosley.In.AZ

i recently allowed my subscription to Street Rodder mag to expired. I have received the mag for many years.

I cannot put my finger on the eggzack reason , but I grew tired of their format
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)