New Aussie Member

Started by Sean Hammond, February 28, 2005, 03:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Hammond

Howdy all, another HRI refugee here. Im one of the younger hot rodders on the net, at 16. Have been a hot rodder ever since i could walk, and am now planning/searching for bits for my first car, a channeled model A RPU.  I live in a town called Diggers Rest, about 20 minutes from Melbourne, and around 2 minutes from Calder Park raceway. I have a website i've been doing for about three years : http://www.geocities.com/aushotrods, which I post pics from events I attend.
My dad has been into hot rods since about '61, I have some photos on my site from around 1964, taken at the then local dragstrip "Riverside Raceway". Very interesting to look at, some of the cars are still around today.
Here is what we get around in most of the time, when i can talk him into taking it out!

If not in the roadster, then this:

Roadster has a 351 Cleveland with 4 speed, 9 inch rear, wescott body on an original chassis. 4 bar front, ladder bar rear..leather interior..the 56 is basicly stock, but the motor is coming out and a 351 is going in one day, i am using the Y block in my RPU project.
Sean

dpsmith

Nice cars there
but I couldn't get the link to open
David

river1

Quote from: "dpsmith"Nice cars there
but I couldn't get the link to open
David

try http://www.geocities.com/aushotrods/

sean, you put a comma on the end of your link, common error.

nice cars you have there.

welcome to the RRT.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Welcome! Nice Rides! Your "typing" doesn't sound as strange as some of our other newer members :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Carps

Hi Sean, glad ya made it at last.

What took ya so long?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

jeffa

Quote from: "40"Welcome! Nice Rides! Your "typing" doesn't sound as strange as some of our other newer members :wink:
That's cuz he's only 16.
He'll get there, 'specially if he stays on this forum!
Oh, G'day Sean..

Sean Hammond

Carps, I've been a lurker here for a loonng time, but after HRI temporarily died, i needed a new home  :D  
Lotsa nice people here, look forward to meeting some of you.  
Sean

Lithgow-Mick

Welcome mate, I see the roadster is finally off the TRAILOR.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

Sean Hammond

at least its not a SUZUKI  :D  :D

Carps

Quote from: "Sean Hammond"Lotsa nice people here, look forward to meeting some of you.

But haven't we alreaddy met?

Built any new models lately?

Here's a scratchbuilt one piece solid billet wheel from our latest 1/1 scale model.
Carps

Carps

Triple play!

Bet not too many Aussies understand that one.   :wink:

Blowed if I know what happened there, but I guess I should put some other pics up rather than just three shots of the wheel.
Carps

Carps

Oh yeah, those wheels are 20X9 front and 20x10 rear.

The car??  Imagine a future LS430, it's big, comfy, high tech and fast.
Carps

jeffa

Does it have a flathead?
Isn't this the fish recipe thread?

Sean Hammond

Hey carps have they finally put push rods in lexies yet  :D Kinda looks like a futuristic mercedes
New models? Yup! Got a few done for the Rumble.. Just seen your mug on TV, Im guessing Greame will be most upset calling his sidetrim on the black merc pontiac stuff....its hand made baby! Greame (antique Auto Works) also built Adrians bare metal merc.
Sean

Carps

Didn't I say?  "it looks like Pontiac trim."

Still bein in trouble for that is much better than bein in trouble for sniffin rodents.   :wink:

And I think we gotta get you a new camera, coz I just know them there little plastic cars are gunne look soo much betterer for real than they do in the pictures.

I'da deep sixed the fuel tank and it's cover from the '33 Cabrio too, but that's just a personal thing.   :lol:   What are the hood sides from?  And the wheels?
Carps