Need a 70 series 40 olds rear fender

Started by Kctom, February 27, 2005, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

A buddy needs a right rear fender for a 40 olds. It hasa to be a 70 series from a olds, buick, pontiac.
Any out there ?
TOM

awsum34

Tom, Give these guys a call or e-mail. they just might have it.

www.rockymountainrelics.com //
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

rooster

sirstude

70 series = Small Cadillac sized Olds.  60 series is actually a Chevy and nothing interchanges.  

While I am answering this, I am in need of a left rear fender for a 1941 70 series Olds, if anyone has any possibilities.  I will be calling the number above later today.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Kctom

Quote from: "awsum34"Tom, Give these guys a call or e-mail. they just might have it.

www.rockymountainrelics.com //

Thanks Rick, buddy called him today

58 Yeoman

Everybody looking for fenders, and all I've got is Pontiac's, not Olds.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Kctom

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Everybody looking for fenders, and all I've got is Pontiac's, not Olds.

My buddy thinks the pontiac fenders will fit. If you have a good right reat let him know.  stanshirley1@netzero.com

58 Yeoman

I've got an NOS RR for a smaller body, and two redone rears for the larger body, but I think Olds's are slab sided, and Poncho's are 'rippled'.  I'll check after work.

Phil

58 Yeoman

This is a picture of a used fender that I sold; it shows the 'ripples' that Pontiacs had, whereas the Olds's are slab sided.  If they did fit, he would have to change both sides, but then, they wouldn't match the fronts.  I do have a pair of the larger style fenders for the rear, but only one RR NOS.

Phil

Kctom

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"This is a picture of a used fender that I sold; it shows the 'ripples' that Pontiacs had, whereas the Olds's are slab sided.  If they did fit, he would have to change both sides, but then, they wouldn't match the fronts.  I do have a pair of the larger style fenders for the rear, but only one RR NOS.

Thanks for the info. Buddy is still looking. Wonder how much bondo would it would take to hide the ripples?????????

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Kctom1"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"This is a picture of a used fender that I sold; it shows the 'ripples' that Pontiacs had, whereas the Olds's are slab sided.  If they did fit, he would have to change both sides, but then, they wouldn't match the fronts.  I do have a pair of the larger style fenders for the rear, but only one RR NOS.

Thanks for the info. Buddy is still looking. Wonder how much bondo would it would take to hide the ripples?????????

Hey....if he's into scallops, he could scallop them so they wouldn't be noticeable. :lol:

Phil

Kctom

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Kctom1"

Hey....if he's into scallops, he could scallop them so they wouldn't be noticeable. :lol:

Phil, e-mail my buddy  stanshirley1@netzero.com

58 Yeoman

Phil