Grill Insert

Started by Dusty, February 24, 2005, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

I recently acquired an Original '32 Grill shell with all the trim, and radiator, but its missing the Grille insert. Several years ago I came across a company that was selling inserts suitable for a street rod, but not collectors or show quality, for a reasonable price, I think around 100 bucks.  I can find the original replacement type for $295-$310 all day long.  Does anyone know about the outfit I'm referring to??

Thanks, Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Dave

Quote from: "Dusty"I recently acquired an Original '32 Grill shell with all the trim, and radiator, but its missing the Grille insert. Several years ago I came across a company that was selling inserts suitable for a street rod, but not collectors or show quality, for a reasonable price, I think around 100 bucks.  I can find the original replacement type for $295-$310 all day long.  Does anyone know about the outfit I'm referring to??

Thanks, Dusty
If I remember right vintique (spelling) had the cheaper ones but ill bet  ya cant find one for a hundred bucks now days. I remember buying one for my 30 sedan that i put a speedway glass grille shell on and it was a little over a hundred but that was 10? years ago ... Like everything else the prices went up..
Dave
ps: search online and check egay cause they have had several on there lately
Dave :lol:

parklane

Dusty  I've got one if you're interested. Haven't looked at it for quite a while, but seems to me that it was in nice shape. Let me know, and I'll dig it out.
John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Dusty

John, I'm interested...If you want... PM me and we'll figure out something...

Thanks, Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Jokester

I bought mine from Yogi's.  Seems like it was around 90 bucks about 2 years ago.  It was just a chunk about 2 feet by three feet and I had to cut it to fit.  I think it would fit almost any non-fat thirties car.  Looks a lot better that the rusty old OE one that was in it.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

BELLM

Hey Benny how about posting a good picture of your car in the avatar?  Looks interesting.   Thanks!

parklane

Dusty      Finally got a chance to have a look at that 32 grille. It is in real nice shape, nothing bent or twisted, just dusty, dusty :wink:  If I knew how to email a picture, I would. I'm going to the Detroit show next weekend if that's any help.
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Charlie Chops 1940

Dusty/Parklane,

I'll be at Cobo on Saturday so if I can be of help in an RRT-relay let me know.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dusty

Charlie....Thanks for the offer, we are still working on a deal....I'll let you know....we may have a Pony Express type relay...

Thanks,Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas