A sad day for the ASRF

Started by choco, February 18, 2005, 07:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

"Better" is a relative term, and you know what ol' Albert said about relativity :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "gt28a"

remember,hung like Einstien,smart as a horse.

You know what they say about people with big feet don't you :shock: ........... yeah...... big shoes :D  :D  :D

generally the same size as my mouth :lol:

large shoe fits loose in yer mouth?

:arrow:   :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "gt28a"

remember,hung like Einstien,smart as a horse.

You know what they say about people with big feet don't you :shock: ........... yeah...... big shoes :D  :D  :D

generally the same size as my mouth :lol:

large shoe fits loose in yer mouth?

:arrow:   :lol:

pretty much...
i have a little trouble with stilletto's...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

hotrodbob

hey, keep us posted here on that ASRF guys efforts to shut you up.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

choco

Quote from: "hotrodbob"hey, keep us posted here on that ASRF guys efforts to shut you up.

See:

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2238
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

unklian

What if the board was hosted in a foreign country ? :idea:
Would posts still be subject to Austrailian law ?

If that idea works,You can start a new group on Yahoo for free:
http://groups.yahoo.com/

It would be a crime to lose touch with your online friends,
because of one insecure A%%#@!*.

river1

Quote from: "unklian"What if the board was hosted in a foreign country ? :idea:
Would posts still be subject to Austrailian law ?

If that idea works,You can start a new group on Yahoo for free:
http://groups.yahoo.com/

It would be a crime to lose touch with your online friends,
because of one insecure A%%#@!*.

to heck with yahoo, bring em here.  :b-d:  the more the merrier. :b-d:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jahoota

and here I am!!!

I havn't finished setting up all my profile crapola but I'll get to.

So, g'day to all the usual suspects and Hello to everyone here at RRT.

The pending demise (I wish it wasnt so  :(  ) of HRI forums has meant I'll have to hang out elsewhere for rod related nonsense.  :-o  Guess you gays and gals are it!  :b-d:
Paint chips add character...

Pep

Quote from: "Jahoota":-o  Guess you gays and gals are it!  :b-d:

Yeah...probably a few of them here to Jahoota...but there's nothing wrong in being gay I say....so don't sue me :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Bruce Dorsi

I am unclear about some of the recent events at the Aussie Forum.

Is the person who threatened suit, suing as an individual, or as a representative of the ASRF?

Has anyone from the ASRF management voiced their approval/disapproval of the suit?

Has most of the ASRF membership been made aware of the threatened lawsuit, or wouldn't they care?

Does the ASRF have a rival organization already in existence? ....If not, maybe NOW is the time!
....Maybe Greg has the knowledge, experience, and MOTIVE to spearhead such an undertaking.

...Sometimes, laws can be toooo protective!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Brootal

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"I am unclear about some of the recent events at the Aussie Forum.

Is the person who threatened suit, suing as an individual, or as a representative of the ASRF?
Personal, effectively against Greg, although other people were 'named' by their screen names.

Has anyone from the ASRF management voiced their approval/disapproval of the suit?
Some have, the rest it appears don't really know what's going on. Probably because they don't know how to use a computer.

Has most of the ASRF membership been made aware of the threatened lawsuit, or wouldn't they care?
I think news is travelling pretty fast and the general consensus is that most ASRF members aren't happy.

Does the ASRF have a rival organization already in existence? ....If not, maybe NOW is the time!
I still don't think that is a great idea. It's not the majority of the membership that has a problem with the website, a lot of them are members!

....Maybe Greg has the knowledge, experience, and MOTIVE to spearhead such an undertaking.
I'm sure he has, but after the last week I'm sure that would be the last thing on his mind!

...Sometimes, laws can be toooo protective!
Understatement of the year!

I've always said... YOU CAN'T PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THEIR OWN STUPIDITY!
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

choco

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"I am unclear about some of the recent events at the Aussie Forum.

It's difficult to know what to say here. Because the legal stuff is still pending, not oo many of us want to be in the firing line, so we'll just PM or email each other.

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Has anyone from the ASRF management voiced their approval/disapproval of the suit?

YES!

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Has most of the ASRF membership been made aware of the threatened lawsuit, or wouldn't they care?

So far, only the Hot Rod "nerds" know, but the off-line rodders will soon get wind of it via upcoming council meetings.

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Does the ASRF have a rival organization already in existence?
No, not yet.

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"....If not, maybe NOW is the time!

ANHRA

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"....Maybe Greg has the knowledge, experience, and MOTIVE to spearhead such an undertaking.

I think he's had a gut full.

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"...Sometimes, laws can be toooo protective!

Well, none of us believe that any laws have been broken, it's just that defending youself legally is too hard, too costly and too stressful. In addition, how do you think you'd feel being sued by your own orgaganisation that you've been a part of, and worked hard for, for many years? Regardless of the outcome, do you think you could continue to support that organisation after being the recipient of such action? Not to mention the fact that it could have all been avoided if the guy just spoke up and addressed us instead of lurking on the forum and "taking names".
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

PeterB

G'day All,

Here I am, hopefully there's enough room for another Aussie Rodder  :)

I'm still hopeful that the situation on the HRi will resolve itself ....

.... if not, I'll just have to hang out here  :D

Regards,

Pete

32V8

Hi, Im another Australian Hot Rodding refugee, angry as a hornet with what is happening. I have elected not to renew membership in the ASRF for obvious reasons. I would like to stay in touch with the Aussies that have been forced to find other forums. The Cruisin website (cruisin.com.au) is still in operation from Perth and it is hoped that the ASRF lunacy will not spread and force it to close , but there is no guarantee.  Hopefully most of the HRI forum guys will drop by the cruisin site once in a while.
32V8

rx4ord

Bugga. This site is becoming very dry with Aussie wit,biting sarcasm and humour---- keep it up
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower