Getting around at B'ville

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 07, 2005, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

in 2004 Janice and I did alot of walking through the pits and start line.

We are thinking about a pair of little gas powered scooters.  Easy to load into the vehicle drive to the start line , ride around.... take them to the hotel room.

Bicycles are an idea, but I have a problem with a hip joint.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Cword

For a twist on the bicycle/scooter options we're building our own this year.

One will be a vintage bike with a 60cc engine, and the other one of those racy new schwinn choppers with a 60 cc engine.

There's a fellow in your neck of the woods who's been selling the engines on ebay under the name live fast motors. I got a couple during december and conversion of thr bikes is underway.

mike
--

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a novel idea...pedal a bike.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Here's a novel idea...pedal a bike.

Tony said he would, but he's not hip.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Check out your local Auto Zone. They had a lot of that stuff before Christmas and it looks like they have some left.  Our local one had two scooters and a chopper at $149.00 each. They sold a lot of the "croch rockets" around here but I don'y think that those or the"chopper' are very hip friendly. The scooters might be fine but I think I'd have trouble getting one on the plane as carry-on luggage, especially with the training wheels I'd need. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Check out your local Auto Zone. They had a lot of that stuff before Christmas and it looks like they have some left.  Our local one had two scooters and a chopper at $149.00 each. They sold a lot of the "croch rockets" around here but I don'y think that those or the"chopper' are very hip friendly. The scooters might be fine but I think I'd have trouble getting one on the plane as carry-on luggage, especially with the training wheels I'd need. GPster

Why dont you just get one and the training wheels and start early and ride it out JOE? Id think full leathers with the RRT colors on the back would be way cool too.
Dave 8)

GPster

Quote from: "N8DC"

Why dont you just get one and the training wheels and start early and ride it out JOE? Id think full leathers with the RRT colors on the back would be way cool too.
Dave 8)
I think about stuff like that. Id also thought about powering one of my three wheel bicycles with one. The french (?) used to make a gas-powered bicycle that had the front wheel friction driven bu a small motor. For a while I knew there was an after-market copy that you could add to any bike.I thought that I could use the motor and the rrear wheel driveof one of the scooters and build one, I haven't taken a lot of time researching this since I started driving again but I have a Huffy 3-wheel set-up on the back of a Schwin frame that could be sacrificed to that kind of project. I also have a '57 Columbia 3-wheeler but I hate to admitt it, It's unique enough that I wouldn't want to rod it. The idea of being at Bonneville in leather is just as strange as wanting somewhere to sleep and shower at the NSRA Nats. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

We are gonna look at some Go-peds.  There are some built with seats too.  I figure some of you guys would point and laugh if I got a Go-ped with a seat.

As I mentioned  riding a bicycle is an idea, but my arthritic hip don't care for that.

Tony

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"We are gonna look at some Go-peds.
The neighborhood kids have little gas scooters similar to that and they abuse them but they seem to be holding up.  I rode one and it pulled my 230 lbs around pretty good.  The seat comes right off real easy and the handlebars fold back so they'll fit in a trunk too.  

Did you look on ebay at all the different gas scooters they've got?  Some of the choppers are pretty cool....but I didn't see any mini Gold Wings :lol:
George

Bob K

Quote from: "Crosley"We are gonna look at some Go-peds.  There are some built with seats too.  I figure some of you guys would point and laugh if I got a Go-ped with a seat.

As I mentioned  riding a bicycle is an idea, but my arthritic hip don't care for that.

Not only point and laugh, but take incriminating pictures.

B :lol: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

river1

Quote from: "Faat Rod"
Quote from: "Crosley"

now who would do a thing like that? :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Tony, you could always get one of these and use it when it snows in Phoenix too.  
No body will laugh....promise

George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Tony, you could always get one of these and use it when it snows in Phoenix too.  
No body will laugh....promise

it would need flotation devices on it with the rain we are receiving.

OK, I will get a Go-ped with a seat and wear a funny hat for the photos
Tony

Bob K

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"

now who would do a thing like that? :D

later jim

Me for sure and a certain person who has been known to take sneaky shots with his camera, especially when the subject is either unaware or in an embarrassing situation.

B :oops: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Crosley.In.AZ

Me for sure and a certain person who has been known to take sneaky shots with his camera, especially when the subject is either unaware or in an embarrassing situation.

B :oops: B

While at the hotel near b'ville the first night I was headed for ice at the front of the place.  I walk past this green vert where two fellows are bent over under the trunk lid working on something.  Since I did not recognize that end of the fellows as I walk past & amazed the car was actually sitting  parked

Then faat rod himself says "Hi Tony".

I never have a camera when I needed it..... would have been a great wide angle photo.

:lol:
Tony