Dang it......another new guy....

Started by Haywood, January 10, 2005, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haywood

Hello to everyone,

My name is Butch Pate, 43 from Murfreesboro,Tn. I've been over here looking around a couple of times and thought i'd drop in and stay awhile :wink: . I've had a lot of cars over the years, mostly from the sixties, but i've managed to hold onto my latest since '88. A 56 chevy 210 sedan that's been a love hate relationship from day one. My son has always thought this was his car since I bought it right after he was born.  You could say they grew up together. So it will be passed on to him....soon. In the meantime, i've recently bought two 46 chevy trucks to play with after my baby is gone. One truck is in sad shape and will be cut up and turned into a roadster. The other truck will be just your basic primered shop truck for everyday use. I'm a photographer for Hotrodhotline.com so i'll post plenty of pictures of the build ups, if anybodys interested.
Poor Boys  Tn

You don\'t build the car, the CAR builds you!

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I think you will find some interest here for just about anything car related.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Sport.  You'll enjoy it.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well, well, well, another one of those handsome southern "Poor Boys" found their way here.  Glad to have ya bud.  Lots of cool folks here with tons of knowledge to share.  Looking forward to seeing you again next weekend. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

Welcome onboard Butch. Ya, you'll really like it here. If thet let Canadians to join, they'll let anyone on :lol:  :lol:
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

purplepickup

Welcome to the RRT Butch. :b-d:

Yes, we like pictures of buildups.  They can say way more than words.....but obviously some of us like words too :wink:
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Welcome aboard the board.

Our son and his family live in Smyrna TN...
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Haywood

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and an extra special THANKS to Denise for the picture.

We've got the 2x3 tubing ready and should have the cab on the floor tomorrow night. So build up pictures of the rusty ol' roadster should be coming soon. I'm looking for the front suspension pieces while waiting to hear back about a possible motor and tranny. If things work out, i'll be running a '51 Caddy 331. Should be interesting.

Butch
Poor Boys  Tn

Haywood

After what seemed like forever my good friend Brett was in the neighborhood with his service truck and pulled the cab for me.......WHILE I WAS AT WORK!  I was really surprised when I got home and saw the carnage. We're ready to start on the frame now. I've got a 41 Mercury front suspension, 28 model A grill shell, a Caddy 331 motor and tranny, the 46 Chevy cab, a 54 Chevy dash and a 64 Chevy II rear end. I'm guessing i'll have to refer to it as the CADaFORDaCHEVaLLAC!!! =-)

I'll start with the before pic and show you the rust pile i'm starting with.

Poor Boys  Tn

Haywood

Here's our very own Poor Boy's "Cherry Picker".......

Poor Boys  Tn

I'd like to extend a belated welcome....must have missed it the first time around! Looks like you're having fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Man, I wish I had a cherry picker like that one :shock:

That body isn't in bad shape at all.  If we can pick them up like that in Michigan and the floor comes along with the rest....its a keeper :lol:

I like '40s pickups.  Your plan for the build sounds like you'll have a real fun truck. 8)  Is this the one that will be the shop truck or the one you're cutting into a roadster?
George

enjenjo

If you can get that crane up here this weekend, I need it for an hour or so :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice to have ya here Butch. Looking forward to more pictures.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks like you boys have been keeping busy and outta trouble down there.  See ya in a couple of weeks.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.