Got some bench seats that HAVE to go.

Started by Jimmy Jay, January 10, 2005, 03:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Jay

Hey all,

I finally got the bucket seats I wanted for my GMC pickemup so the like new original bench seat and frame are up for grabs.  The former owner recovered both seat and back with a nice gray tweed, professional looking job.  I've got the tubular frame (which I couldn't get to slide but the hardware appears to be all there - maybe some grease?), as well as the stamped riser to hide the lower mechanism.

This is complete and I am not putting any price on it.  If anyone is interested, George, aka, Purple Pickup is willing to try to haul it to the BBQ build, if you can arrange any further delivery.

I also have a center bench seat from an old Dodge minivan.  It is mounted on a Downs built support and it fits between the wheelwells of a Downs Vicky for a back seat.  The original upholstery is fawn colored and not in too bad shape.

It too is up for grabs.

DW will be very grateful if I can move these out.  She won't let me put 'em on the deck for summer lounging.   :cry:

Jimmy Jay
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  :wink:

348tripower

What is the width on that GMC bench?
Don

Quote from: "Jimmy Jay"Hey all,

I finally got the bucket seats I wanted for my GMC pickemup so the like new original bench seat and frame are up for grabs.  The former owner recovered both seat and back with a nice gray tweed, professional looking job.  I've got the tubular frame (which I couldn't get to slide but the hardware appears to be all there - maybe some grease?), as well as the stamped riser to hide the lower mechanism.

This is complete and I am not putting any price on it.  If anyone is interested, George, aka, Purple Pickup is willing to try to haul it to the BBQ build, if you can arrange any further delivery.

I also have a center bench seat from an old Dodge minivan.  It is mounted on a Downs built support and it fits between the wheelwells of a Downs Vicky for a back seat.  The original upholstery is fawn colored and not in too bad shape.

It too is up for grabs.

DW will be very grateful if I can move these out.  She won't let me put 'em on the deck for summer lounging.   :cry:

Jimmy Jay
Don Colliau

Jimmy Jay

Quote from: "348tripower"What is the width on that GMC bench?
Don

Oooh, I should get a correct measurement but it is a stock seat from a 1948 GMC 1/2 ton.  When I measured the cab for the buckets I got, I got 54" at the rear door jams.  It has to be a couple inches shorter than that.

Jay

348tripower

Can ya get a picture to email to me too?
Don

Quote from: "Jimmy Jay"
Quote from: "348tripower"What is the width on that GMC bench?
Don

Oooh, I should get a correct measurement but it is a stock seat from a 1948 GMC 1/2 ton.  When I measured the cab for the buckets I got, I got 54" at the rear door jams.  It has to be a couple inches shorter than that.

Jay
Don Colliau

Jimmy Jay

Quote from: "348tripower"Can ya get a picture to email to me too?
Don

Yup, I'm gonna take some snaps tonight since I've gotten some nibbles locally, too.

Once the snaps are done I'll try my luck at posting.

Jay

Jimmy Jay

Don,

The dimensions are as follows...
Frame width is 53" at the top,
55-1/2" at the widest (support frames on each end)
Cushions are 52" wide.

I have some digital photos if you can let me know how to get them to you.
From what I've noticed on this forum, I can't just attach the photos and I'm not familiar with the public photo sites (I should learn tho, eh?)

A local friend is trying to see if they will fit in his project.  I'm waiting for results.

Jay

348tripower

email them to dcolliau@yahoo.com if it is still available.

Quote from: "Jimmy Jay"Don,

The dimensions are as follows...
Frame width is 53" at the top,
55-1/2" at the widest (support frames on each end)
Cushions are 52" wide.

I have some digital photos if you can let me know how to get them to you.
From what I've noticed on this forum, I can't just attach the photos and I'm not familiar with the public photo sites (I should learn tho, eh?)

A local friend is trying to see if they will fit in his project.  I'm waiting for results.

Jay
Don Colliau