Started by Santa Fe Bri, January 09, 2005, 01:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe Bri

Hi  My name is Brian Webster I live in N.E. Lincolnshire not far from an old WW2 airbase called Goxhill some of you guys flew Mustangs from here. I joined RRT on Dec 29th & asked a Question on a  700R4 Gearbox, which I was given the info I required, What I should have done was introduce myself first, for this I apolergise.  Im 65 & just finishing my last Hot Rod, its took me 5yrs Im not as quick as I used to be. Its a 33 Ford pk up with 3" roof chop bed shortened 7". 283 SBC. triple roaches, 700R4 Gearbox, Volvo rear axle. Im in the process of preparing for black suede paint . I purchased my first Hot Rod mag in 1958 & was hooked. Its a great Hobby & I thank America for giving it to the world. I have met Hot Rodders in Australia & have some good mates in Sweden & the States. I have seen a lot of changes here in England & the Hot Rod scene gets better every year. In the early years you had to do a bit of bojing with filler etc. but not anymore we just have to phone the Rod shops & within 3wks youve got your treasured part. Happy New Year to all of you.  Santa Fe Bri

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. It's fun here!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Sounds like a fun project....Welcome!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the Roundtable.  
:b-d:

You aren't related to that other Santa are you? :wink:
George

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks for the welcome guys. My user name is from my other hobby American HO Modelrailroading & you guest it Santa Fe is my favourate company.  Cheers Brian  :b-d:

Dave

Quote from: "Santa Fe Bri"Hi  My name is Brian Webster I live in N.E. Lincolnshire not far from an old WW2 airbase called Goxhill some of you guys flew Mustangs from here. I joined RRT on Dec 29th & asked a Question on a  700R4 Gearbox, which I was given the info I required, What I should have done was introduce myself first, for this I apolergise.  Im 65 & just finishing my last Hot Rod, its took me 5yrs Im not as quick as I used to be. Its a 33 Ford pk up with 3" roof chop bed shortened 7". 283 SBC. triple roaches, 700R4 Gearbox, Volvo rear axle. Im in the process of preparing for black suede paint . I purchased my first Hot Rod mag in 1958 & was hooked. Its a great Hobby & I thank America for giving it to the world. I have met Hot Rodders in Australia & have some good mates in Sweden & the States. I have seen a lot of changes here in England & the Hot Rod scene gets better every year. In the early years you had to do a bit of bojing with filler etc. but not anymore we just have to phone the Rod shops & within 3wks youve got your treasured part. Happy New Year to all of you.  Santa Fe Bri

Welcome Brian.. Hows bout some pics of your truck...
Dave :wink:

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Brian.  Great knowledge base and good folks here.  Post some pics of the '33 when you get time.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the board
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Welcome, I'd love to see pics of your truck, it sounds like a twin to my brothers '34.

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks again for the great welcome, I would like to put some pictures on the site but Im still learning how to use the computer. any advise would be apreciated. I used to be a biker in the late 50s owned two 51 Triumph Trophys one with a converted swinging arm rear the other had a sprung hub. I sold them in the 60s when I got hooked on early American Fords. hope to find another Trophy or T100 when my trucks finished, it will be a great stable mate. I tried to make a 50s English Ford Rag top into a Hot Rod but it just didn`t cut the mustard the nxt one was a 34 Morris 10/4 it looked a little bit like a Ford A Sedan, but I wanted an American Hot Rod. In 1963 I purchased my dream car a 32 Deuce 5 window coupe all steel, ILL just run down what Ive built over the years, cos` I tend to get carried away with my Roddin memories. After the 32 came the 34 5window. nxt a 35 pk up with a 51 Merc Flathead. & now my 33 pk up ( all Henrys babys ) My wife said she would like to strangle Henry Ford, You can all guess why, This Hobby shaped my life,  Cheers Brian :b-d:

Gilles

Welcome Brian, I am happy to see here another european member.
I went 4 times to your country for hot-rods events and plan to go again in the future.

Gilles

Santa Fe Bri

Quote from: "phat46"Welcome, I'd love to see pics of your truck, it sounds like a twin to my brothers '34.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Welcome to the RRT.  Very nice intro.  Glad to have you aboard.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.