New(OLD)guy here

Started by Inprimer, December 29, 2004, 09:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inprimer

Been lurking for a long while and decided to jump on.Im retired from the PO after 35 years. Started out in the Air Force (66-70)and joined the PO been fooling around with cars since '62 or so.Im no expert on anything in particular . My ride is a  'glass 37 Chevy(Superior Body) on a 38 frame. 355/ w/turbo350 . It has no top (yet) and no paint, thus its inprimer for over 5 years .Im no gold chainer or devout rat rodder either, I enjoy it all. I met Denise last year at Cobo Hall , hoping to be there again this yr.I really like the more laid back style of this forum, I'm too old to trade insults , so Ill probably read a lot and learn more by keeping my mouth shut!!

47wood

Welcome to the RRT.  Nice folks and knowledge base.  Join in as the spirit leads you.  Post some pics of your '37 when you get time.  Happy New Year.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I was USAF, 67 to 71, we may have crossed paths.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Inprimer

Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome to the RRT. I was USAF, 67 to 71, we may have crossed paths.
Maybe so, I was in Chas AFB SC  also a lot of TDY mostly Europe. I was a 43171E/F C130, C141, C5A. I also was a glutton for punishment LOL I reenlisted in the AF reserves for 6 more yrs and then switched to Army res for 13 more yrs. Ret E7 over 22. Now waiting to see if the Uncle will send me my first ck in 29 months

Inprimer

Quote from: "47wood"Welcome to the RRT.  Nice folks and knowledge base.  Join in as the spirit leads you.  Post some pics of your '37 when you get time.  Happy New Year.   :wink:
Will do as soon as I figure how, remember at my age I still type with 2 fingers and  get help from my (now man) son cause I'm a slow  learner when it comes to these contraptions....

enjenjo

Quote from: "Inprimer"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome to the RRT. I was USAF, 67 to 71, we may have crossed paths.
Maybe so, I was in Chas AFB SC  also a lot of TDY mostly Europe. I was a 43171E/F C130, C141, C5A. I also was a glutton for punishment LOL I reenlisted in the AF reserves for 6 more yrs and then switched to Army res for 13 more yrs. Ret E7 over 22. Now waiting to see if the Uncle will send me my first ck in 29 months

I was a 43650, Wurtsmith AFB, Williams AFB, Misawa AB, TDY to Korea a lot.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "Inprimer"Been lurking for a long while and decided to jump on.Im retired from the PO after 35 years. Started out in the Air Force (66-70)and joined the PO been fooling around with cars since '62 or so.Im no expert on anything in particular . My ride is a  'glass 37 Chevy(Superior Body) on a 38 frame. 355/ w/turbo350 . It has no top (yet) and no paint, thus its inprimer for over 5 years .Im no gold chainer or devout rat rodder either, I enjoy it all. I met Denise last year at Cobo Hall , hoping to be there again this yr.I really like the more laid back style of this forum, I'm too old to trade insults , so Ill probably read a lot and learn more by keeping my mouth shut!!

I must have missd you at cobo last year. I had my newly build 32 there. There will be a bunch of us there this year and we will have to get hooked up.
How bout some pics of your car and how do you like the superior body ?
Dave

Bob K

Welcome, Glad to hear you are going to cobo, will be there also this year, look forward to meeting you.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

tom36

QuoteI really like the more laid back style of this forum, I'm too old to trade insults , so Ill probably read a lot and learn more by keeping my mouth shut!!
That's why I'm here to!  welcome to the forum.  I was born and raised in Rochester (Henrietta actually). Joined the USAF in '61 got out in '65, took a 9 year break in service, went back and  retired with almost 35 years. Tom..

tomslik

Quote from: "Inprimer"Been lurking for a long while and decided to jump on.Im retired from the PO after 35 years. Started out in the Air Force (66-70)and joined the PO been fooling around with cars since '62 or so.Im no expert on anything in particular . My ride is a  'glass 37 Chevy(Superior Body) on a 38 frame. 355/ w/turbo350 . It has no top (yet) and no paint, thus its inprimer for over 5 years .Im no gold chainer or devout rat rodder either, I enjoy it all. I met Denise last year at Cobo Hall , hoping to be there again this yr.I really like the more laid back style of this forum, I'm too old to trade insults , so Ill probably read a lot and learn more by keeping my mouth shut!!

too old to trade insults!?!?

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Inprimer

Quote from: "tomslik"

too old to trade insults!?!?ok you got me, been into rat rods alll my life,worked on flatties and know everthingabout them... I almost forgot, Im 14 years old LOL I dont want  to argue with someone like that LOL I just want to conrtibute when I can without all the B/S

tomslik

Quote from: "Inprimer"
Quote from: "tomslik"

too old to trade insults!?!?ok you got me, been into rat rods alll my life,worked on flatties and know everthingabout them... I almost forgot, Im 14 years old LOL I dont want  to argue with someone like that LOL I just want to conrtibute when I can without all the B/S

"Im 14 years old"

izzat in dog years? :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "40"WELCOME!!!

Welcome to the RRT! alotta good folks with great info.
an old C-130 jockey are ya, spent a little time around one at MCAS ElToro.

Vance

NO Kitty!!!   Thats MY POT PIE!!..............NO!!  BAD KITTY!!
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

unklian

Welcome Serge,hope to see you in Detroit.Bring Tony along if you can.

Unkl Ian