Another nice weather pic

Started by phat46, December 27, 2004, 12:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

To keep this some what car related, this is what i saw when i returned home today after looking for headlight rings for my guide headlights.
This guy is warming himself on the anti-bird cage i put over my chimney years ago. Birds used to sit on the chimney to warm themselves in the cold and get stoned from the fuumes and fall down the chimney. Then they would recover and get out of the furnace draft diverter and into the basement. Nothing like going into the basement and getting divebombed by a panicked Starling! This squirrel took advantage of my heat to warm up in the near zero temps; at least he can't fall down the chimney...that only happened once with a squirrel, but that's another story!

purplepickup

Don't forget to go out in a couple of hours and turn him over and baste him with butter.  He should be done by dinner time. :D

Joe, I might have missed that you are looking for rings for Guide lights.  I've got two sets of 7" Guide lights and Harley headlight rings that come stock on Fatboys and Heritages fit real well and look like they were made for them.  The only thing that needs modifying is the way they mount.  The rings are cheap on ebay because a lot of people replace them with ugly frenched replacement rings.
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Don't forget to go out in a couple of hours and turn him over and baste him with butter.  He should be done by dinner time. :D

Joe, I might have missed that you are looking for rings for Guide lights.  I've got two sets of 7" Guide lights and Harley headlight rings that come stock on Fatboys and Heritages fit real well and look like they were made for them.  The only thing that needs modifying is the way they mount.  The rings are cheap on ebay because a lot of people replace them with ugly frenched replacement rings.

Yeah, that's where i was coming home from, the local non-dealer Harley parts place, ordered a couple from him. I had looked on E bay and couldn't find more than one there, and i wasn't sure what fit, so we tried one at this place to be sure.