I lost my best friend Saturday

Started by 40_Tudor, December 27, 2004, 08:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

40_Tudor

Dear Friends,

I lost my best friend, my lover, my wife on Saturday Christmas Day.
My wife Jackie passed away Saturday after a very long battle with Emphysema.
This was Jackie's favorite time of year. She loved decorating for Christmas and having friends and family over for her Christmas Eve party. We often had as many as 50 people over. A tradition she started when we first got married 28 years ago.
Her best friend and her husband where visiting us on Saturday. I was sitting next to Jackie in her hospital bed that Hospice had set up for her in our living room a year ago. I had my arm around her when I felt her life slip away. It just about ripped my hart out.
It's been a long and difficult year trying to comfort her as best I could. She would have done the same for me, but she would have done a much better job of it.
I will miss going to Lake Erie fishing with her and so many other things.
She put up with my streetrod rod parts scattered all over the garage and even held a wrench for me once in a while.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest.

This is a big empty house without her.

Viewing is Tuesday from 2-4 and 6-8. Funeral services are Wednesday at 1pm at Schoedinger Funeral Home at 3030 W. Broad St., Columbus, Oh.
Donations can be made in her name to Riverside Hospice in Columbus.

Joe

tom

so sorry to hear. my families thoughts and prayers are with you at this most sad time in your life.
                                       tom

Fift4fe

OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

kb426

My sympathies to you and your family.
TEAM SMART

phat46

I'm so sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family and friends.

sport.

I am so sorry to hear this,I can not imagine your pain.......You have me and my families prayers.. :cry:

Bob K

Joe:

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

B :cry: B & Maggie
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

I am sorry for your loss.....My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bruce Dorsi

Joe, please accept my sincere condolences.

Although you are in pain, try to find solace in knowing that Jackie's suffering has ended.

You are in my thoughts!

~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

rooster

Sorry to hear this Joe. Better days are ahead!

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm very sorry to hear the news.  You have my deepest condolences.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dirk35

34ford

Joe,

Sorry to here the sad news. Our condolences go out to you.

bob

enjenjo

I am deeply saddened to hear this. It's never easy to deal with a death of a loved one, and this time of year even harder. you have our condolences :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

36vicky

Joe,

You have our deepest sympathies on the loss of your soul mate.  I don't know how hard this must be exactly.  Sue and I have been doing all we can to help my brother cope with the loss of his wife last May.  They would have had 35 years together in Aug.  

Prayer helps us, we'll send some along for you and Jackie.  We'll meet someday and chat of the better days.  Sincerely, Tom & Sue G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.