Tis the season? Ive been robbed !

Started by Dave, December 13, 2004, 07:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C9

Got a Sunday swap meet nearby?

All the tools I see at the swaps have to come from somewhere.
Saw one 'vendor' with grinding marks on a bunch of tools he was selling.
More than likely the ID marks were ground off.

A lot of stolen stuff hits the swaps the next day.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

HotRodLadyCrusr

:evil: Sorry to hear this Dave.  This really sucks.  Like the others have said it was probley someone who knew you and knew what you had. :evil:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

slocrow

Good grief charlie brown. That's terrible! That happened to me once as a kid (a lot less tools I'm sure) and I can only guess it's akin to being (dare I say) raped. Did you have them labeled? They'll show up and we're a big family covering a lot of ground. By the way, if I was a thief I'd assume that in the next few months you'd have "new tools" ready for removal. Get a big dog..... :x

OK, this is maybe a little far fetched but this happened just after your location/address is mentioned in Street Rodder along with you being a builder........?
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sal37

Dave, sorry to hear that another member of RRT has been hit by @*$#!!holes that think that they have a right to other peoples stuff.  I have had some of my tools since I was about 17 so they have been with me for a long time.  My house was broken into many years ago (on several occasions over an 18 month period - a bad area, thankfully I don't live there any more) - and it leaves a bad feeling with you.  Don't shoot anyone unnecessarily - we still want to hear from you from outside of the big house.

Steve

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Good grief charlie brown. That's terrible! That happened to me once as a kid (a lot less tools I'm sure) and I can only guess it's akin to being (dare I say) raped. Did you have them labeled? They'll show up and we're a big family covering a lot of ground. By the way, if I was a thief I'd assume that in the next few months you'd have "new tools" ready for removal. Get a big dog..... :x

OK, this is maybe a little far fetched but this happened just after your location/address is mentioned in Street Rodder along with you being a builder........?

Interesting Frank but I dont believe thats the case. I got a deranged family across the street and im thinking its the kid and his friends. In fact I need to call the state policeman again cause he came home at 2 am this morning and the dog went nuts and i even having a pinched nerve problem lately sprang out of bed like a kid looking for santa :lol:  The azzhole read the mail in the mail box with the street light cause i think the power has been turned off there and then put it back and went to the house. I dont think he saw me standing in the picture window in my undies or he woulda ran I got my mail tonite and checked thier box and its full cept for one envalope that was opened emptied and put back. Id like the police to watch this more. His mother hasnt been seen in a month :?:  I called my insurance agency today then made a claim and i think ill be ok but i already started a list and im at 5k already and more stuff to list. Im sure i may overlook somethin but come on guys unless you dont work on stuff very often after a little thinking you can prolly tell me everything that was in your tool box. I got out the craftsman catalog cause thats what i mostly had and worked my way to the back with some off brand or different stuff coming to mind so i jotted them down for further pricing. The thing is my kids know i like tools and for birthdays and xmas guess what i got. If I didnt have 2 of everything I had 3.
Any way the welder was not touched . I had about 8 hunting and deer carving knives laying on the bench from processing deer and they are still there. My new 350.00 bow in the hard case setting in front of the 32 .. still there? Sue was collecting quarters and they are still here. My new digital camera was layin on the desk infront of 5k worth (minimum) of ham radio gear and still there. So what the hell were they looking for. My shot gun was taken out from under the bed looked at and ignored?  Dam maybe im missing some under wear. I sure hope they took the ones with the skid marks :lol:  I dunno im confused and i didnt sleep much last nite and then the azzhole kid a 2 am made it worse. I repaired the back door to the house tonite so it will lock again but its tore up so bad it needs replaced and i also worked on the entrance door to the garage cause its junk too. Anyone know if i can claim heating the neighborhood cause they left the overhead door in the garage open all day? Ahhh geeze ill be right back I gotta check my pot plants in the attic :lol:
Dave
:P  :P

Pope Downunder

I'm sorry to hear that Dave.
Do not even contemplate shooting them it's not worth it; although you may feel like it.

I would look at securing all that weaponry.  If they know you have it, they might talk to other people.  Sounds like dangerous stuff in the wrong hands.

Bruce Dorsi

Geeeeeeeez, Dave!
....Call me paranoid, maybe, but I wouldn't be advertising on the 'net a list of stuff they DIDN'T get!

I know some guys will not discuss their plans for out-of-town rod runs on the 'net, because you never know who is reading and up to no good!

Remember that the things that were not taken THIS time, may be on the list for when they have more time or help!  .....Hopefully, that is not the case!

Sorry to hear of your loss, and also the other Dave's loss.  ....Hmmmm, is that a pattern developing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Dave

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Geeeeeeeez, Dave!
....Call me paranoid, maybe, but I wouldn't be advertising on the 'net a list of stuff they DIDN'T get!

I know some guys will not discuss their plans for out-of-town rod runs on the 'net, because you never know who is reading and up to no good!

Remember that the things that were not taken THIS time, may be on the list for when they have more time or help!  .....Hopefully, that is not the case!

Sorry to hear of your loss, and also the other Dave's loss.  ....Hmmmm, is that a pattern developing?

Ya I do think your paranoid.  :shock:  I cant get caught up in that kind of thinking although your welcome to  :lol:  Stuff happens. I still thinking its the punk accross the street and his friends and no way to prove it. I gotta call the insurance adjuster back tomorrow and we will see what goes. I just need tools to work again.. I cant use sues hammer that says her's on it anymore  :!:
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"I'm sorry to hear that Dave.
Do not even contemplate shooting them it's not worth it; although you may feel like it.

I would look at securing all that weaponry.  If they know you have it, they might talk to other people.  Sounds like dangerous stuff in the wrong hands.
Ya  Im gonna secure it alright > Im gonna load the sob and put it next to the door.... I got me a new really big belt buckle and i went to the tanner last night and now ive got a red neck  :lol:
Dave
Just kidding.................
Maybe

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "Pope Downunder"I'm sorry to hear that Dave.

Ya  Im gonna secure it alright > Im gonna load the sob and put it next to the door.... I got me a new really big belt buckle and i went to the tanner last night and now ive got a red neck  :lol:
Dave
Just kidding.................
Maybe

Interesting. The loosers accross the street havent had any lights on in the place for a month then a few days after I get ripped off I see the furnace is working and they have lights on ?? Id bet the kid over there had somthing to ndo with the brake in and he needed something he could turn into quick cash to get heat and power again. Ill bet he had my stuff sold fore he even took it...
Dave
ps: I live in a really good neighborhood but ya know it only takes one low life family to ruin the whole block..

Sean

ps: I live in a really good neighborhood but ya know it only takes one low life family to ruin the whole block..

Maybe, but most of the thieves and hooligans around here don't mess in their own nest, if you get my meaning... When they do catch people around here, which isn't often enough, it usually turns out that they don't live anywhere near where the theft actually took place.

One of my Cousins had his house broken into and the thieves took several very expensive antique Firearms and a bunch of his wifes jewelry. When they finally caught them, it turned out that they lived about 30 miles away. They had just picked houses at Random and happened to get lucky when they found his.

He got most of his stuff back because the idiots took the stuff to two different Pawn Shops that happened to be owned by the same man. The police had given him a list of the stolen items and when he saw that he had most of it, he called the cops and they were able to identify the thieves from the surveilance camera footage at one of the pawn shops.

Dave

Quote from: "Sean"

Maybe, but most of the thieves and hooligans around here don't mess in their own nest, if you get my meaning... When they do catch people around here, which isn't often enough, it usually turns out that they don't live anywhere near where the theft actually took place.

One of my Cousins had his house broken into and the thieves took several very expensive antique Firearms and a bunch of his wifes jewelry. When they finally caught them, it turned out that they lived about 30 miles away. They had just picked houses at Random and happened to get lucky when they found his.

He got most of his stuff back because the idiots took the stuff to two different Pawn Shops that happened to be owned by the same man. The police had given him a list of the stolen items and when he saw that he had most of it, he called the cops and they were able to identify the thieves from the surveilance camera footage at one of the pawn shops.

Ya I had another thought the other day on who might have ripped me off and sue agrees. I didnt know the guy very well but he did work at our plant and had seen the garage and the 32. He is trying to get back into the plant and i heard he is out of money.. Im headed out for some tools today.. We had xmas here for the kids last nite and im excited i got some sears gift cards. I need some tools to at least get me by..
Dave
If i play my cards right I can use the craftsman tool club discount when i replace all the other stuff and prolly save about 500 bucks.

:lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

I agree... hold off for the craftsman club sale.... then GO nail them.  
10% discount will add up quick in savings.

I had a CB antenae stolen off my 74 GMC truck 25 years ago. The kid jumped off the truck into mud and then walked down the sidewalk home.  I followed the foot / mud tracks and knocked at the door.

I was not thought of highly after I told the parents why I was there...  did not get my antenae back neither
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"I agree... hold off for the craftsman club sale.... then GO nail them.  
10% discount will add up quick in savings.

I had a CB antenae stolen off my 74 GMC truck 25 years ago. The kid jumped off the truck into mud and then walked down the sidewalk home.  I followed the foot / mud tracks and knocked at the door.

I was not thought of highly after I told the parents why I was there...  did not get my antenae back neither

Took the gift cards and a coupon today and bought a 151 piece mechanics tool kit. Bought some other stuff too. It will all go in the new box in a month or so (hopefully less) . Ya know I only have 2 or 3 screw drivers i n thw whole house. Its funny when you got it all its easy to work but when some sob takes it all its a real pain in the *..
Dave

Carps

Quote from: "slocrow".... I can only guess it's akin to being (dare I say) raped.

It's bad but not that bad, tools can be easily replaced and if you are insured there's no problem.  And if your insurance company balks, then they are just as bad as the crooks and maybe you need to find another.

What the rapist takes is a lot more precious than a bunch of metal and plastic and cannot be replaced, those bastards should be tracked down and castrated with a rusty hacksaw blade.

My place is protected by deadlocks to make it hard to gain access, and if they try to use the power in the garage, it won't help them, coz only I know how to turn it on.  Amatures usually take the small easy to get rid of stuff, had they been proffessionals, the spare gun would have been gone along with the car and God knows what else.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.